It seems that with almost every Trados update, things that had worked before, after the update they won't work.
This time it's the window position. Before the latest update, Studio remembered its position on my screen (lower left corner, to see the browser tabs above with my online dictionaries). Now, with every start (NOT of Windows, but Studio!) it opens in the UPPER left corner, which is a nuisance because I have to adjust the window position not only in the morning but also after every crash of Studio (which still happens pretty often)...
Anyone else noticed this? And do you have a solution?
Hello Markus Hoedl ,
Would you be able to attach some screens shots please of what is happening please as I cannot replicate this.
If I move the Windows around and dock them into position then this is remembered after restarting Studio.
Quick example here.
Could you also confirm which Studio version you are running please.
Thank you for your reply!
I was referring to the window position of STUDIO within my screen, I don't run Studio maximized to be able to see my source document on the right side of the screen and the browser tabs above. If I restart Studio it always opens in the right upper corner, not as you can see in the screen shot...
Annex: When I leave Studio alone and work on another program for a while (or just surf the Web), when I come back to Studio, it is in the upper left corner again, although I had moved it down in the morning.
This is really a nuisance!!!
Are you sure this isn't a windows settings somewhere? I always thought that it was windows that managed the position of actual applications on your screen. Perhaps you can use something like this application to control the use of multiple applications on one screen?
I didn't change any settings in Windows but I installed the Trados update last week. So I suppose it's linked to that. But I will try your proposition anyway, it looks good! :-)
Thank you for your answer!
Hi Markus Hoedl
This happens to me after I wake my PC from sleep mode - but only on one of my computers. It happens with other software too, so I blame my screen...
All the best,
FWIW, there was a loooooong standing (since Studio 2015, I believe) bug in Studio that the application window position and size was written into the user config XML file using locale-specific separators, while reading the values from the XML required commas. Or vice versa, I can't remember precisely... there were several threads here about the issue.As a result, on systems set to locales using different list separators than comma(!), Studio didn't remember the position and size of its window and always started with default size, positioned to top left corner.
This seemed to be fixed somewhere along the Studio 2019 releases, but I wouldn't wonder if the latest update screwed it again...