Detecting language please wait for.......
I couldn't find any topic on this problem: when trying to change the TM User ID in File -> Options -> Translation Memory Updates -> TM User ID the "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" is displayed. I was able to change the ID within a project in the project settings, however, when updating a segment the "old" TM User ID is still used. Thus I wanted to check the ID on the higher level but can't even open the respective window. I am using SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR2.
Thanks for any help!
Hello Heike Lemanzyk ,
Could you explain exactly what you are trying to achieve please and also post the full error stack as this often contains important information as to the origin of the error.
Managing your TM data is explained here-
You may also find the following free SDL AppStore app useful (specifically TM anonymiser)
Thanks for your message. I had changed the TM User ID for a specific project in the project settings and changed it back afterwards, also in the project settings. However, Studio still used the one I had changed it to. So I wanted to check it on the higher level as decribed above and received the error message mentioned and wasn't able to even show the window for changing the TM User ID. This is the error in full:
<SDLErrorDetails time="11.09.2019 15:00:08"> <ErrorMessage>Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</ErrorMessage> <Exception> <Type>System.NullReferenceException, mscorlib, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type> <HelpLink /> <Source>Sdl.TranslationStudio.ProjectManagement</Source> <HResult>-2147467261</HResult> <StackTrace><![CDATA[ at Sdl.TranslationStudio.ProjectManagement.Settings.TranslationMemoryUpdateTaskSettingsControl._userSetupButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)]]></StackTrace> </Exception> <Environment> <ProductName>SDL Trados Studio</ProductName> <ProductVersion>22.214.171.124</ProductVersion> <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>126.96.36.1991</EntryAssemblyFileVersion> <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro</OperatingSystem> <ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack> <OperatingSystemLanguage>1031</OperatingSystemLanguage> <CodePage>1252</CodePage> <LoggedOnUser>xxx</LoggedOnUser> <DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork> <ComputerName>xxx</ComputerName> <ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork> <PhysicalMemory>8233548 MB</PhysicalMemory> </Environment></SDLErrorDetails>
Today, after several restarts of the computer, the TM User ID again is the one it used to be, so this is correct now. However, the error persists.