How do I change the LINE SPACING in theTARGET SEGMENTS? Whenever I receive a package with HTML or EXCEL files from a particular client, the source segments are single spaced but the target segments default to double spaced. Thank you.
There are no options to influence spacing like this. I can hazard a guess it's a font thing... but without some test file to investigate I'm not sure what to suggest.
Can you share a sample file or even a package to test? If this is ok feel free to send to firstname.lastname@example.org
so.. you are hazardously guessing that If I modify ".sdlproj"(or some other setting file/item), the line spacing of target can be changed ? in accordance with FONT thing ?
Can you share, at least, screenshot of the doubled LINE SPACING ?
Paul said:font thing...
can you tell me which setting is the correct (or suspected as correct) one ?
I found this one only, but it NEVER works in my case
[EDIT] ahh.. actually it works. But, implicitly works, kind of not so elegantly, you have to quit SDL Trados Studio once. And, Its displayed information is quite Wrong - what the heck is Bislama... ? a country ?
no, I think I'm not capable of uploading a screen shot. Sorry.
or maybe I did
Me neither. And it is not FONT - it is line spacing. I think there must be hidden formatting tags, but even in tag editor I can't seem to find it
Hi Paul, pls see my sample below. Does this help you see my issue? I can't imagine what the font would have to do with the line spacing here. But I'm open to suggestions!
two options to try (I dunno whether or not they are correct options though)
one is to see "White space" characters
the other is to see hidden/NotNumbered segments
looks like you have lots of ghosts there
line spacing ? .. could be.. but..
This is very weird, but I went to the VIEW ribbon -> open the Font view to the right, and changed the "Bislama"?? and also noticed that the source language was set at DE, target as EN, and reversed those. Then, Studio froze up and I had to force restart. When I reopened Studio and my files-- The line spacing was normal!!!
Now, it trying to explain this, I went back to the Font view on the VIEW ribbon and Studio has frozen- again. So I think there might be a problem here.
I spent a lot of time with all this, so I better get to work. Thank you everyone for your input.
half solved old prolbem, half emerged new problem,,, always problem..
From the looks of it you are dealing with an .xlf file, so whitespace handling will be controlled from that specific file type.
To be more specific, please go to "File \ Options \ File Types \ XLIFF \ Whitespace" and enable the "Always normalize option". You will need to re-open the source document in order for the new setting to "kick-in"; modifying the option will not affect existing .sdlxliff files.
Bislama is a creole language. But changing that default setting to EN US and checking the other language settings seems to have done the trick.