Detecting language please wait for.......
When importing markdown files in studio 2019 using the new .md file format, all code blocks between backticks (`) become untranslatable tags, as I suppose they should.
However, in the files I am translating now, some of these blocks need to be translated.
The only workaround I can imagine is to use Notepad++, search and replace all backticks by a placeholder (e.g. ""), import the modified markdown files, translate everything, "untagged" code blocks included, generate target files and use Notepad++ again to search and replace the placeholders by backticks.
Does anybody know of a more straightforward way to translate markdown files with "translatable" codeblocks ?
Herman Van Rooy
I think the only way you'll be able to handle this would be to create your own *.md filetype. It might be ok for this one project. You'll find some help here on how to do this:
And just in case it's interesting, you could also ignore the segments with the inline tags, finish the job and then at the end process the new target files to extract only the segments…
The easiest way is probably to use the embedded content processor:
I used this example:
And it's handled like this with the option set:
Thank you for your answer.
I tried this option with the different embedded content processors before asking the question here and this example shows exactly what my problem is. The small "inline code" block is still untranslatable, but I have to translate it in this particular translation job.
And just in case it's interesting, you could also ignore the segments with the inline tags, finish the job and then at the end process the new target files to extract only the segments with inline tagsso you could get at the text. I know it's two processes but if there is a lot of complex markup in the full file, and a lot of these inline tags, this might be useful. If nothing else it might help with ideas for a customfiletype to deliver what you need. I put a filetypesettings file here:
This delivers this from my original test file:
Thank you Paul,
Both answers are very helpful.
This particular job being a bit urgent, I will probably stick to using a new *.md filetype without any tag interpretation (treating the tags as simple text), but I will certainly look into setting up a custom filetype for this client for future jobs.