How can I completely and permanently close the Translation Results window?

The Translation Results window (TRW) takes up a lot of room and I don't ever use it. Whatever machine translation engine I may be using fills in the segment automatically, I don't need to look at the TRW. Any TM results are also automatically inserted, so I don't find any use for this TRW (somebody two years ago answered a question similar to mine by saying that it was unusual or illogical and that if you didn't use the TRW, why on earth would you need a CAT tool at all? And then proceeded to say all you had to do was click on the little arrow to the right and it would all go away, which just isn't so).

In the Help section, it says: "The Translation Results window is always present in the Editor view (unless you close it completely)," but I can find no way to close it completely. I hide it automatically and close it (clicking on the little arrow to the right), but every time I go to a new segment, it opens up again. I want to be rid of it so it doesn't take up my window space.

Parents
  • This is why closing the window part you want does not make sense:

As you should be able to see, not the first match (which would be inserted at first place), but the match at position 3 is the one needed here.

And even with this window visible there is plenty of space for working. It is indeed not possible to get rid of the window completely, as it appears again as soon you move to the next segment. However, you can move it to another position on your screen or make very narrow. I fail to see any sense in doing so, but you could also place it in front of your Studio window and drag it to be as small as a symbol... Should be possible, but honestly I do not want to test it on my screen.

• This is why closing the window part you want does not make sense:

As you should be able to see, not the first match (which would be inserted at first place), but the match at position 3 is the one needed here.

And even with this window visible there is plenty of space for working. It is indeed not possible to get rid of the window completely, as it appears again as soon you move to the next segment. However, you can move it to another position on your screen or make very narrow. I fail to see any sense in doing so, but you could also place it in front of your Studio window and drag it to be as small as a symbol... Should be possible, but honestly I do not want to test it on my screen.

Children