Studio 2019 - In "translation memories view" the TM won't stay open

Hi!

I switched to Studio 2019, and my main TM (which is a big one) is not there in the "translation memories view" - instead, it starts loading AFTER I click on "translation memories view" in the left pane. Alternatively, it is starting to load when I launch Trados Studio 2019, and the program opening takes 5-10 minutes, because the big TM is loading.

I've checked TranslationMemoryRepository.xml, and the file path and name is correct in there.

In Studio 2017, this same big TM used to be always there - opened, ready to roll. No waiting, no loading.

What do I do?

Thanks!

Top Replies

• Try deleting the TranslationMemoryRepository.xml, restart Studio, add your TMs back there again and see if it works as expected.

• Hello ,

Where is your TM saved? Locally or in the Cloud?

You should be able to open the TM ->

Have you added the TM to your project?

Are you using an older template from Studio 2017- if so, then…

Parents
  • Hello ,

Are you using an older template from Studio 2017- if so, then it's a good idea to create a new template for Studio 2019 and point to the path of where you are storing your TM.

Also, please don't forget to add Studio (and MultiTerm) to your Antivirus whitelist.

Does this help?

• Hello ,

Are you using an older template from Studio 2017- if so, then it's a good idea to create a new template for Studio 2019 and point to the path of where you are storing your TM.

Also, please don't forget to add Studio (and MultiTerm) to your Antivirus whitelist.

Does this help?

Children
  • Thanks a lot for your kind and helpful answer Steven.

Locally, on my desktop computer.

Yes, I can open the TM and I can add it to my project too. I have also updated the TM to be compatible with Studio 2019.

The problem is, that even before getting a chance to create/open a new project in the program, this 10 minute TM loading process starts, as soon as I launch Studio 2019. 

Sometimes I have luck, and the program launches with the big TM already opened - but most of the time, I have to wait 10 minutes after launching the program, or the program launches fast, but as soon as I click the left hand pane "translation memories view" then the 10 minute TM loading process starts.

Strange thing, that I've never had this with Studio 2017.

I'll try this tomorrow, many thanks!

I don't think it is affected by my antivirus program, but I'll try this anyway.

Thanks again Steve, much appreciated!