Packages not opening/importing automatically

After I deleted old versions of Studio and updated Studio 2019, when I click on a package sent by a client, Studio opens but the package won't open/import automatically like it used to be. Which means I have to manually find the package on my Download folder and import it, which takes time. 

How can I restore it the way it used to be, i.e. packages open and import automatically when I click on them?

BTW is there a way to get real support from an employee with software problems like this? After all I'm paying for the software, I think I am entitled to real professional support, not only relying on other users providing support for free...

Thank you very much

• BTW is there a way to get real support from an employee with software problems like this?

Yes... you can purchase a support package and have this.  It entitles you to ask questions directly to an SDL support engineer whenever you like, and includes free upgrades to ensure you always have the latest release.  More on this here:

https://www.sdltrados.com/support/premium-support.html

After all I'm paying for the software, I think I am entitled to real professional support, not only relying on other users providing support for free...

Why would you think this?  You paid for the rights to use the software, not for professional support to help you use the software.  We offer free licensing and installation support to ensure all users can always use the software once they purchased it, and we provide this community which is full of SDL people and other users, but we don't provide the ability to speak to a support engineer whenever you like for 1:2:1 support.

After I deleted old versions of Studio and updated Studio 2019, when I click on a package sent by a client, Studio opens but the package won't open/import automatically like it used to be. Which means I have to manually find the package on my Download folder and import it, which takes time. 

I'm a bit confused by this process.  The best way to work is to always open the package from within Studio and select the package.  You can double click the package in windows/file explorer and Studio will also open it for you... perhaps this is what you're referring to?  If that doesn't work now because you have lost your file associations perhaps then try running a repair on Studio through the Add/Remove programs in Windows.

• You can double click the package in windows/file explorer and Studio will also open it for you... perhaps this is what you're referring to?  If that doesn't work now because you have lost your file associations perhaps then try running a repair on Studio through the Add/Remove programs in Windows.

yes, that's what I'm referring to, and no, running a repair didn't work. When I click on a package, Studio is opened but the package import doesn't start automatically, as it should be and used to be before the software update that created this problem. Which means I have to manually look for the package and open it, which takes extra time. 

Do you know of any other possible solutions or someone else who could solve this? What's the procedure when the Community isn't able to solve an installation problem?

Thank you

• Log a support case.  

For licensing or installation issues that prevent you from working we have a route for all customers to get help. This can be achieved really quickly using this link:

gateway.sdl.com/liveagentlicensing

You have two options:

1. Submit a case using a webform
    2. Use live chat to get a licence reset

You want to use the first option and make sure that you refer to this thread so the teams can see what you have tried already.