A project translation memory does not exist for the language direction.

A standard workflow suddenly stopped working and I get the following error: 

"A project translation memory does not exist for the language direction"

File in question is an ICML.

Daniel

sdlerror-2020326-9h49m31s.sdlerror.xml
<SDLErrorDetails time="26-Mar-20 09:49:34">
  <ErrorMessage>A project translation memory does not exist for the language direction.</ErrorMessage>
  <Exception>
    <Type>Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.AutomaticTaskException, Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks, Version=15.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888</Type>
    <HelpLink />
    <Source>Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.ProjectTm</Source>
    <HResult>-2146233088</HResult>
    <StackTrace><![CDATA[   at Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.ProjectTm.ProjectTmContentProcessor.GetProjectTmImporter(ProjectCascade cascade, ProjectCascadeEntry mainCascadeEntry)
   at Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.ProjectTm.ProjectTmContentProcessor.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core.Utilities.BilingualApi.BilingualContentHandlerAdapter.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core.Utilities.BilingualApi.BilingualContentHandlerAdapter.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
   at Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.TranslationMemoryLookupContentProcessor.OutputParagraphs()
   at Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.TranslationMemoryLookupContentProcessor.ProcessWaitingParagraphs()
   at Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.TranslationMemoryLookupContentProcessor.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.BilingualApi.AbstractBilingualContentProcessor.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.Processors.SegmentRenumberingBilingualProcessor.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.AbstractBilingualProcessorContainer.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.BilingualApi.AbstractBilingualContentProcessor.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.LocationMarkerLocator.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.AbstractBilingualProcessorContainer.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.FileExtractor.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core.Utilities.BilingualApi.ParagraphUnitBuffer.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit pu)
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.OutputParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit pu)
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ParseLocalizableParagraphUnit(transunit transunit, LockTypeFlags lockFlags)
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ParseTransUnit(transunit transunit)
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ParseGroup(group group)
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.OnGroup(XmlElement groupElement)
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.SdlXliffFeeder.<ContinueScanning>b__14_15(ISdlXliffStreamContentHandler handler)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.SdlXliffFeeder.ContinueScanning()
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ContinueParsing()
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ParseNext()
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.FileExtractor.ParseNext()
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.ParseNext()
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.Parse()
   at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.TaskExecution.ContentProcessingTaskImplementation.TaskFileExecuter.Parse(String targetFilePath)]]></StackTrace>
  </Exception>
  <Environment>
    <ProductName>SDL Trados Studio</ProductName>
    <ProductVersion>15.0.0.0</ProductVersion>
    <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>15.2.5.2145</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
    <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise</OperatingSystem>
    <ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
    <OperatingSystemLanguage>1033</OperatingSystemLanguage>
    <CodePage>1252</CodePage>
    <LoggedOnUser>danielhug</LoggedOnUser>
    <DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
    <ComputerName>ABCD</ComputerName>
    <ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
    <PhysicalMemory>16776172 MB</PhysicalMemory>
  </Environment>
</SDLErrorDetails>

• Is this reproducible or just one of those things?  Without steps these are often things we can't reproduce, and if you are using the Customer Experience Feedback option in the help menu then we collect these random errors anyway.  If we see a lot it helps us focus on things that may have a reproducible cause.

• Are you both @filkin  and @Paul Filkin ? Or is the latter another user?

Regarding the error: I was wondering where to post this and whether it is related to CU6 Beta. I upgraded my TMs in CU6 Beta and got this error, but switching to CU5 it persisted. TMs that got upgraded in CU6 Beta have the orange triangle, so I upgraded them again in CU5, and tried to create the project again, but again I got the above error.

Tried creating a new project (different template, mostly same TMs), works fine. (CU6 ß)

Tried the same project template, with an MS Word file, fine. Add ICML file, get The Error again!

I have one TM in there which is enabled, but only for concordance ("Lookup" is unchecked). I check "Lookup" and try to add the ICML file again - and this time it worketh! ... Tried that in CU5 as well and it works fine as well, so it does not seem to be CU6 ß related.

Looks like a bug to me. Easy to circumvent if you know how, but fiinding out took some time! Odd that it should depend on the file type!

Daniel