XLF segmentation

I've got this XLF file:

5582.test.zip

<xliff xmlns:xsi="">www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:document:1.2 ">docs.oasis-open.org/.../xliff-core-1.2-strict.xsd" xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:document:1.2" xmlns:xhtml="">http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" version="1.2"><file original="course" datatype="plaintext" source-language="en-US"><body><trans-unit id="title"><source>Start with the following lines</source><source><g id="z5khTFmECoplFmmA" ctype="x-html-p"><g id="TNhp3F8wLji7a-Jl" ctype="x-html-span" xhtml:style="color: rgb(178, 255, 51);">Line 1,</g></g><g id="Ptz_papeGL9n33k6" ctype="x-html-p"><g id="2KBo8s2_32S5QDGf" ctype="x-html-span" xhtml:style="color: rgb(178, 255, 51);">Line 2</g></g></source></trans-unit></body></file></xliff>

Using the out-of-the-box XLIFF filetype I get this in Studio:

But of course, I'd like to have 3 segments instead of just 1:

Start with the following lines

Line 1,

Line 2.

And I can't get that working by using the Embedded content processor in the Project Settings. I guess that the reason is that it only processes the text non-processed by the XLIFF filter. Can anybody confirm that?

I attach the file type settings used with some regex rules in the embedded content processor:

XLF file type settings.zip

If confirmed, I'll need to create a custom XML file type, but I'd like to avoid that route?

Thanks for your help,

Top Replies

• You can't use the embedded content processor for this file because there is no embedded content.  Everything is just text inside the source elements.

The XLF is also invalid so you'll see…