When opening a Transit package in Studio 2017, I get an "access denied" message

Hi, when trying to open a Transit package in Studio 2017, I get an "access denied" message. I have changed the name of the 14.0.0.0 folder to "old", but it still doesn't work. Can anybody help me, please?

Thanks,

Pilar

2538.errors_4_community.xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>
-<SDLErrorDetails time="22/06/2020 9:58:32">
<ErrorMessage>Acceso denegado a la ruta de acceso 'C:\Users\Pilar\StarTransit\b5ff0da7-be9c-4315-9437-3fc2c4e26349'.</ErrorMessage>
-<Exception>
<Type>System.UnauthorizedAccessException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
<HelpLink/>
<Source>mscorlib</Source>
<HResult>-2147024891</HResult>
-<StackTrace>
-<![CDATA[   en System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   en System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
   en System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   en System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
   en Sdl.Community.StarTransit.StarTransitOpenPackageAction.CreateTempPackageFolder()
   en Sdl.Community.StarTransit.StarTransitOpenPackageAction.<Execute>d__2.MoveNext()
--- Fin del seguimiento de la pila de la ubicación anterior donde se produjo la excepción ---
   en System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)]]>
</StackTrace>
</Exception>
-<Environment>
<ProductName>SDL Trados Studio</ProductName>
<ProductVersion>14.0.0.0</ProductVersion>
<EntryAssemblyFileVersion>14.1.10018.54792</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
<OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 10 Home</OperatingSystem>
<ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
<OperatingSystemLanguage>3082</OperatingSystemLanguage>
<CodePage>1252</CodePage>
<LoggedOnUser>Usuario-PC\Pilar</LoggedOnUser>
<DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
<ComputerName>USUARIO-PC</ComputerName>
<ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
<PhysicalMemory>16641480 MB</PhysicalMemory>
</Environment>
</SDLErrorDetails>

Parents Reply
  • Hello ,

Firefox doesn't block you downloading the app- but depending on the settings it does block you from installing directly from the downloads folder.

As you have now successfully installed the app you are able to see the file type and the Open Transit Package option is now enabled.

The following suggests that the problem actually lies with the package itself 

And when I click on the project to create the return package, it doesn't consider it a Transit project.

As you arent able to share your package with me - I have sent (email) you a different package you can test - this works absolutely fine in my 2017 installation.

Children