Detecting language please wait for.......
Is there any way to view only the segments that contain at least one word included in the TB?
No there isn't specifically... I like the idea because it just seems cool, although I don't know what the usecase is for this. Why do you want to do this? Is it some sort of QA process…
No there isn't specifically... I like the idea because it just seems cool, although I don't know what the usecase is for this. Why do you want to do this? Is it some sort of QA process.
One workaround that might be handy is to pseudotranslate the files first so you fill the target with nonsense, and then run a term verification check on the file. This can find all segments that have the term in the source and most probably no matching target from your termbase. Then you can at least identify the segments with matching terms. But depending on why you want this it may or may not be useful at all.
Yes, the reason I want to do this is because I have a huge glossary and the client changed a lot of terms, so it is really hard to go through 1500 segs X 15 chapters in order to see which translated term needs changing.
Another guy in Proz proposed this solution:
1. Convert your termbase to an excel file with Glossary Converter (from the SDL AppStore)2. Use the Excel formula =TEXTJOIN(" | ", TRUE, A1:A100) to create a text string of all the terms with a "|" in between each of them (this assumes the termbase terms are in the cells A1:A100 but it can be any range)3. Copy this to the Trados Advanced Display Filter and search. Make sure "Regular Expression" is checked.
I asked him some clarifications, but he doesn't respond fast and I need to be able to finish this by this weekend. I managed to create the formula he says and paste it into Advance Display Filter in Studio 2019, but no response, no error.
It just can't find any segment.
Interesting idea, but this would not have any fuzzyness. Term "word" would find "word" and "words", but term "shelf" would not find "shelves" etc. For languages like German this approach would be hardly usable.
You have the answer in PROZ already.
Anyway, if your spread-sheet looks like this:
Copy the B1 cell and paste in Studio, like in the CADF or Advanced Display Filter, etc:
Also, don’t forget to edit the Excel function:
- Remove the spaces before and after the pipe Otherwise, it won’t work.
- Depending on your locale, you may need to change commas (,) to semicolons (;) for the function to work.
The right Excel function is: =TEXTJOIN("|", TRUE, A1:A100)