Please note: On Sunday 16th May 00AM – 04AM CEST we will be performing planned maintenance on the RWS Community website. During this time you will not be able to access the website and post/reply. Apologies for the inconvenience.

SDL Trados 2021 Freelance - BUG while working with Concordance Search box

Hello everyone,

I've recently updated my Trados 2019 to Trados 2021 (16.0.0.2838). I've noticed a bug while working with the Concordance Search box. After trying to copy the results it delivers, the text cursor appears duplicated on the Editor panel and it doesn't let me copy anymore. When I move the cursor inside the Concordance Search box, the duplicated cursor mimics the movement.

Please find attached a video for further reference.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oO6M2BbBM2FwQCkoKu2skhzdTmluFKv7/view?usp=sharing

Thank you for your help!

Parents Reply Children
  • I have the same problem, and in addition in the results window I cannot mark like in version 2019 with the cursor keys!

• Copying a selection in the Concordance search into the translation is even easier with the function "Insert into text" that is built into Studio and can be configured as a quick insert by changing its keyboard shortcut.
    I have for instance configured F8 for Concordance search and F7 as Move to target segment and F6 as "Insert into document", so I simply mark the text I want to search for, press F8, then select the translation and press F7 to go back to where I searched from and then directly F6 to paste in what I selected in Concordance into the translation where the cursor is. Of course, you can change to F6 for Concordance search, F7 as Move to target segment and F8 as "Insert into document"or any other combination that you like.
    I just find single key shortcuts to be more convenient than key combinations with Ctrl (the Ctrl key get rather worn down after a while anyway).

Otherwise you are right, AutoHotkey is very useful.

• I have this problem too, but unlogically it sometimes works too copy and paste and sometimes not. Same thing with Ctrl +Shift + Arrow right to mark several words. Are you coming up with a solution soon?