Please note: On Sunday 16th May 00AM – 04AM CEST we will be performing planned maintenance on the RWS Community website. During this time you will not be able to access the website and post/reply. Apologies for the inconvenience.

SDL Trados 2021 Freelance - BUG while working with Concordance Search box

Hello everyone,

I've recently updated my Trados 2019 to Trados 2021 (16.0.0.2838). I've noticed a bug while working with the Concordance Search box. After trying to copy the results it delivers, the text cursor appears duplicated on the Editor panel and it doesn't let me copy anymore. When I move the cursor inside the Concordance Search box, the duplicated cursor mimics the movement.

Please find attached a video for further reference.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oO6M2BbBM2FwQCkoKu2skhzdTmluFKv7/view?usp=sharing

Thank you for your help!

Parents
  • This is still happening in the recent update to version 16.0.2.3343.
    First of all, selecting text with the arrow keyas do not work, and selecting with the mouse ends up selecting the text visually, but at the same moving a visual cursor in the Edit pane, and it is the text accidentally selected in the Edit pane that is sent to the clipboard, not the text selected with the mouse in the Context pane, so copying text from a Context sears is not possible and the program is therefore not really ready for use.
    Back to Studio 2019 again ...

• This is still happening in the recent update to version 16.0.2.3343.
    First of all, selecting text with the arrow keyas do not work, and selecting with the mouse ends up selecting the text visually, but at the same moving a visual cursor in the Edit pane, and it is the text accidentally selected in the Edit pane that is sent to the clipboard, not the text selected with the mouse in the Context pane, so copying text from a Context sears is not possible and the program is therefore not really ready for use.
    Back to Studio 2019 again ...

Children
  • Same for me, I run the update in hopes that this problem was resolved, but not at all! So, since this is one of the most important functions, I will continue to stay with Studio 2019. What I don't understand especially, that the previous version did not have these issues, and now suddenly the new version has, why? A new version should be a progress, not a step or even more steps back. Is there no way to alert the developpers team of these issues? It looks like they are not discovering this themselves.

• I've had that problem since my first installation of Studio 2021, now two months ago. However, at that time the problem took a few minutes to present itself and one or two searches could be selected and copied correctly before the ghost cursur appeared and it was no longer possible to copy what I had selected.
    Selecting text with the cursor keys (like Shift+Arrow keys or Ctrl+Shift+Arrow keys has never worked on the target side of the Context search pane, though selecting with the keys works perfectly on the source side of the Context search pane.