Filter out verification massages (F8) from old translated content?

Hello!

It is very tedious to go through false positives for a large document to check only the changes or new content I have translated.

There is a filter for new translated content, but it seems it doesn't filter out old messages about old content when I run Verifiy (F8).
Is there a way to filter the verification messages for only new translated content or colour them differently?

(Similar to the filtering in Passolo where it is possible to check and spellcheck only newly translated content?

If not, that would be a feature worth adding considering how many times the word "productivity" features on the SDL web site.

While I'm here and if a developer reads this (probably not), mouse wheel scrolling doens't work for translation matches, it works for concordances, but needed to click in the window.

Also congratulations to the development team to finally put the Open project dialog on top of the main window instead of hiding it in the background. It took five versions, but hey, great!

Parents
  • I generally translate files in "batches" of 300 to 500 words, i.e. I translate a batch of segments, read through them again and make any changes needed, and then perform a spellcheck and verify.

After this, the segments in the current batch have the status of "Translated".

I then temporarily change their status to "Translation Approved" and lock them so that they will not be verified again until the end of the translation. (Because I have checked "Exclude locked segments" in Project Settings -> Verification -> Segments to Exclude, the verification only checks the current batch of translated segments, not the segments in previous batches that I have locked.)

When I have finished the whole file, I unlock all the "Translation Approved" segments and change their status to "Translated". Just to be safe, I then run another verification for the whole file.

Another advantage of this procedure is that I can immediately see how many words I have translated in the current batch, since previous batches have the status "Translation Approved".

If you don't care about seeing the size of the current batch of translated segments, then you don't have to change their status to "Translation Approved". Simply locking them will prevent them from being verified again until they are unlocked. (Make sure you "Exclude locked segments" in the verification settings, as indicated above.)

• Hi  and 

When I read the scenario that Thomas mentioned, using segment status against checked segments alongside settings that control what gets verified is exactly what I was about to suggest. Well done for the suggestion.

While we can support multi-select segment status change from translated to locked -I would appreciate if some felt this was click heavy. Especially if you do want to revisit the target translation at a later date, as it then requires unlocking then locking again.

While we want to protect key workflows where translation approved is heavily relied on and already very well established for many, without adding confusion, we could think about supporting some segments marked as "QA Checked". Regardless of segment status its then excluded from ongoing verifications.

If anyone has other ways in which we can better support the scenario's explained so well above, please do comment. 

A big however would be, why are you getting false positives? I know they happen but in an ideal world we address them. So , could you please expand on your examples in more detail as we could review the built in QA behaviour and sensitivity - or perhaps there is already QA app that will reduce your false positives.

Regards

Lydia

• I just want to spellcheck my current work and not involve already approved and/or locked content.
    Very easy to implement and should be done ASAP. Use Passolo filtering as a suggestion. Easy.

The possibility to use the scroll wheel to browse in the translation fuzzy match window should be implemented ASAP. The earlier version had it and it is strange it was removed.

• I just want to spellcheck my current work and not involve already approved and/or locked content.
    Very easy to implement and should be done ASAP. Use Passolo filtering as a suggestion. Easy.

The possibility to use the scroll wheel to browse in the translation fuzzy match window should be implemented ASAP. The earlier version had it and it is strange it was removed.

Children
No Data