Trados Business Manager
Speech to Text
Managed Translation - Enterprise
Translation Management Connectors
Language Weaver Connectors
Language Weaver Edge
Tridion Docs Developers
RWS User Experience
RWS Community Internal Group
RWS Access Customer Portal
RWS Professional Services
RWS Training & Certification
RWS Enterprise Technology Partners
Trados Academic Partners
Trados Approved Trainers
ETUG (European Trados User Group) Public Information
Machine Translation User Group
Nordic Tridion Docs User Group
Tridion Docs Europe & APAC User Group
Tridion UK Meetup
Tridion User Group Benelux
Tridion User Group New England
Tridion User Group Ohio Valley
Tridion West Coast User Group
WorldServer User Group
Trados GroupShare Ideas
Trados Studio Ideas
Language Weaver Ideas
Language Weaver Edge Ideas
RWS Language Cloud TMS Ideas
RWS Language Cloud Terminology Ideas
RWS Language Cloud Online Editor Ideas
Managed Translation - Enterprise Ideas
Tridion Docs Ideas
Tridion Sites Ideas
LiveContent S1000D Ideas
Events & Webinars
To RWS Documentation
To RWS Support
Detecting language please wait for.......
I have translated a .txlf file (after adding "*.txlf" for the file to be recognized in project Settings>File types> SDL XLIFF), but when I try to "Save Target as", I get the following message:
"Failed to save target content: cannot find file type definition with ID Unknown File Type ID"
However, in the File view, we can see that the File Type ID is SDLXLIFF 1.0v
Can you please help me?
It looks to me as though you were not the person who created the sdlxliff in the first place. I have seen, normally in ProZ, users being told they can add the filetype identifier to their project settings to avoid some f the warnings in a project they received from others. This won't help you save the target file if this is what you have done because you don't actually have the filetype, you just hacked the filename to suppress an initial message.
If you did create the sdlxliff from the original txlf then it looks to me as though you then opened the sdlxliff you created as a new project because of the very fact the file type identifier says it's an sdlxliff. It should have the name of the filetype used to handle the original source file... the txlf.
If you can confirm what you have actually done then we can give you the right advice?
I am indeed the person who created the SDLXLIFF file, as the customer just sent me the .txlf file.
At first, I was unable to open the file, but then I have added the extension [*.txlf] in the settings, and I was able to open the file in Studio.
Coralie Mergault said:I am indeed the person who created the SDLXLIFF file
ok - so in this case you should take a look at your process because you seem to have opened the sdlxliff file as a new project rather then the txlf and this is why you can't save the target file.
After opening Studio, I have just use the "open" option to open the .txlf file that I had received from my customer.
The sdlxliff file was automatically created during the translation process.
I do not understand what you mean by "you seem to have opened the sdlxliff file as a new project".
You showed this in your screenshot:
If I open a txlf I will see this:
I see the XLIFF filetype as expected and I can also save the target file. You see the SDLXLIFF filetype. This can only be because you created your project from the TXLF, and then some time afterwards you created another project using the SDLXLIFF as the source file. This is where your problem is. Once you have created your project you don't keep creating new ones, you just open the existing project.
My guess is you are double clicking the sdlxliff perhaps to open it in Studio rather than simply navigating to the project in Studio and opening the project you created in the first place. Each time you do that you create a new project, but now the source file isn't the one you started with.
Something like that.