Trados uses Minion Pro font for non-translatable content in IDML when it was not there before

Hi everyone,

our company is currently using a server version to convert certain IDML files to PDF after translation.
Our translators simply copy a certain file into a hotfolder and then the server automatically converts the file into a PDF.

Lately we've had issues with this conversion as the tool itself cannot handle the font "Minion Pro". In the source file (DE file), the font is not being used anywhere (no error message when trying to convert that file). Sometimes Trados inserts the font into the translated files so that the files cannot be converted anymore.

I tested various theses and came up with nothing so posting here really is my last resort. I am 100% convinced that this is Trados not acting the way it should.
Why am I so convinced? Because I did the following (most basic) steps and Trados still put in the font where it was not before:

1. Import into Trados
2. Convert to translatable format
3. Copy to target languages
4. Open in editor > copy all source to target
5. Batch Task > Generate target translations

Is there any way to tell Trados to stop doing this?

I added the DE source file, the FR target file and the FR sdlxliffs in case anyone wants to have a look and help.

Info: I am using Trados 2017

Ane help is much appreciated!!!

Parents
  • To conclude this thread, it turned out that the document used Minion Pro in the Basic Paragraph Style which was inherited by some other styles. All characters had style overrides in the source, but for an unknown reason Studio dropped that override for one space character (quad em), so it was in the target document as a Minion Pro character. This caused problems in the subsequent workflow.

    Looks like a minor bug to me.

    Daniel

Reply
  • To conclude this thread, it turned out that the document used Minion Pro in the Basic Paragraph Style which was inherited by some other styles. All characters had style overrides in the source, but for an unknown reason Studio dropped that override for one space character (quad em), so it was in the target document as a Minion Pro character. This caused problems in the subsequent workflow.

    Looks like a minor bug to me.

    Daniel

Children