ALT+ DEL (clear target segment) grayed out in Trados Studio 2015 SR2

Since updating to 2015 SR2 I can no longer clear target segments. ALT+DEL does not work and the option in the ribbon and under the right mouse button are grayed out. The segment status of the segments I wish to clear is "untranslated". Has anyone else experienced this and/or does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Parents
  • Does anyone have a solution to this problem. 3 years on, unfortunately it appears that this problem has not been solved by SDL in the 2019 version. 'Clear target' for some reason has been grayed out and deactivated, no matter how many times I restart Trados.

• Hi 

This isn't now and never has been a problem for me... I only have to click into the target segment then right-click on it and I can select 'Clear Target Segment' from the dropdown menu:

Also, I can clear the target segment using the Alt+Del shortcut.

I can also perform this action on any number of consecutive segments by dragging the cursor to highlight them then using Alt+Del or right-click>select Clear Target Segment.

If it has never worked for you then there must be something about your setup that is preventing it.

All the best,

Alison

• Hi 

This isn't now and never has been a problem for me... I only have to click into the target segment then right-click on it and I can select 'Clear Target Segment' from the dropdown menu:

Also, I can clear the target segment using the Alt+Del shortcut.

I can also perform this action on any number of consecutive segments by dragging the cursor to highlight them then using Alt+Del or right-click>select Clear Target Segment.

If it has never worked for you then there must be something about your setup that is preventing it.

All the best,

Alison

Children