Maybe I am doing something very silly, but (using the new subtitling plugin) I can't select a segment anymore.
Here's what happened so far:
1) Installed plugins according to wiki.
2) Imported srt file.
3) Opened srt file for translation.
As I click in to a segment to activate it, it does activate, but then Studio activates the next segment above, then the next one etc. until we arrive at segment #84, 55, 39, 8 or 1. This is new behavior. I translated this file with Studio before (the availability of the plugin) and it behaved normally.
There is no way to select a segment using the Editor view (unless I content myself with editing segment 84, 55, 39, 8 or 1).
I can select a segment using the preview window. In about 75% of all cases, the active segment will jump up one (I select segment x and after a split-second of staying on segment x, segment x-1 will become active), but that's it. So I can select a segment and then enter a translation in the editor window.
[EDIT: As I drag the tab of the preview window, the segment that is displayed is activated both in the preview list of segments as well as in the editor. I can't type into the editor right away, most likely because the preview window has the focus, but I can click into the active segment in the editor window and it will stay selected.]
That of course is not really workable and I wonder whether I am doing something wrong? Does anybody else experience this?
A small addition: This only happens after I open Subtitle Preview, but then it is persistent even when I close the preview.
I wonder if you have a sticky key on your keyboard? I can't think how this could be caused by the plugin. I will ask the question tomorrow when I meet with the developers but it seems unlikely.
You wrote your reply at the same time as I wrote the addition to my post... but no, this only happens in this particular situation. Surely no sticky key.
Hi Daniel Hug
Is there a possibility we could have the SRT and the video to try and reproduce this? We haven't seen this with the testing we have done over the last few months so it would be good to look at your resources so we can see if we can reproduce it.
I'll gladly send you the files. How can I send you a 450m file?
You can use dropbox, onedrive or something like that. Or I can create a shared folder for you and drop you an email with the link?
If you create a shared folder and drop me an email, that would be best.
Thanks Daniel... I created a shared folder and sent you a link.
Daniel Hug said:Maybe I am doing something very silly, but (using the new subtitling plugin) I can't select a segment anymore.
I did it. Unknowingly, but I did it: The file I received had the ending .srt, but it was indeed an .sbv file (downloaded from YouTube). So the file (which looks really similar to an .srt file) contained overlapping time codes, which I learned is not supported by .srt.
Thank you Paul for your quick help!
And here's how to make a .sbv file downloaded from YouTube work: Load with SubtitleEdit, define "Minimum display time between subtitles" to anything >0 (SE suggests 24 milliseconds), and SE will remove all overlap and insert the defined amount of space between the subtitles. At least for us this works, because we don't need to get an .sbv file.
Thanks Daniel Hug
Your files were really an interesting find for us. We're still on fairly new ground so these things are very interesting and we will address what happened in the software to cope with this even if it is wrong. I have to say I couldn't believe it when I followed your steps and got the same issue... had a good amusement value as well as being a really useful bit of feedback and testing.