Error with Subtitling Preview

Hello Paul,

i followed the webinar, downloaded the plug-in and followed the steps listed. I do see the new file type and the Subtitling Preview option in the control pannel from the Editor view. However, when I clic on it, I have the error (see capture). I use a simple srt file. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Thank you

Valérie

Parents
  • Hi

I think a View -> Reset Window Layout might solve this problem for you.  If it doesn't then try resetting Studio.  You could use this app for the reset and this will also explain what you will lose by carrying out a reset before you do it:

appstore.sdl.com/.../

But if you'd rather do this manually then rename this folder (just add _old to the end or something, it's not important what you rename it to) and restart Studio:

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\15.0.0.0

So the path would become this:

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\15.0.0.0_old

If you can't find this folder then you need to unhide your hidden files/folders:

www.howtogeek.com/.../

• Hi

I think a View -> Reset Window Layout might solve this problem for you.  If it doesn't then try resetting Studio.  You could use this app for the reset and this will also explain what you will lose by carrying out a reset before you do it:

appstore.sdl.com/.../

But if you'd rather do this manually then rename this folder (just add _old to the end or something, it's not important what you rename it to) and restart Studio:

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\15.0.0.0

So the path would become this:

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\15.0.0.0_old

If you can't find this folder then you need to unhide your hidden files/folders:

www.howtogeek.com/.../

Children