Error with Subtitling Preview

Hello Paul,

i followed the webinar, downloaded the plug-in and followed the steps listed. I do see the new file type and the Subtitling Preview option in the control pannel from the Editor view. However, when I clic on it, I have the error (see capture). I use a simple srt file. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Thank you

Valérie

Top Replies

Parents
  • Hi

I think a View -> Reset Window Layout might solve this problem for you.  If it doesn't then try resetting Studio.  You could use this app for the reset and this will also explain what you will lose by carrying out a reset before you do it:

appstore.sdl.com/.../

But if you'd rather do this manually then rename this folder (just add _old to the end or something, it's not important what you rename it to) and restart Studio:

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\15.0.0.0

So the path would become this:

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\15.0.0.0_old

If you can't find this folder then you need to unhide your hidden files/folders:

www.howtogeek.com/.../

• Hi

I think a View -> Reset Window Layout might solve this problem for you.  If it doesn't then try resetting Studio.  You could use this app for the reset and this will also explain what you will lose by carrying out a reset before you do it:

appstore.sdl.com/.../

But if you'd rather do this manually then rename this folder (just add _old to the end or something, it's not important what you rename it to) and restart Studio:

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\15.0.0.0

So the path would become this:

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\15.0.0.0_old

If you can't find this folder then you need to unhide your hidden files/folders:

www.howtogeek.com/.../

Children
  • Hello,

thank you Paul. I already did this last week. I did it again this morning and it is not working (same error). It might be the file like Daniel suggested below. Is there a way to know if this kind of file is corrupted?

• When I think about it, it's not the file since I can convert it into an xliff and generate target translations. 

• Hello, have you been able to proceed? I still get the message. Re-installed plugin, updated Studio 2019 which incurred the necessary upgrade to Multiterm and .dotnet.  I do not see a final response.

Thanks,  Ron

• Hello, no, I was not able to proceed. I have re-installed the plug-in 3 times, I upgraded Studio and Multiterm, Windows update are also done... I still get the error message with the plugin.

• Hi ,

I'd be happy to look at these with you next week if you have time?  Drop me an email and we can set up a call to look together over Skype or Team Viewer - pfilkin@sdl.com

• Thanks Paul , I just send you an email.

Valérie

• Thanks @Paul Filkin

Sending you an invite.

Ron

• Hi

Thanks for your patience this afternoon while we tried to figure out why this would not work for you.  I have discussed this with the developer after the call and the problem is because the plugin is not supported on Windows 7 or earlier.  We are using components for the preview that are not supported by W7.

I have updated the wiki and the appstore description to reflect this.

• Thanks Paul, I guess we will need to upgrade to W10 soon. 
    Valérie

• Yes... I believe Microsoft stop supporting W7 from the beginning of next year.  I imagine we will also do the same for all of our products.

• Hello Paul,

I have Windows10 and I still have the problem. it gives me an error notification when I click on subtitling preview.  Also, if I want to confirm the translation to be stored in the TM, it gives me an error notification. I have to deactivate the subtitling add-in in order to confirm my translations. Can you help me?

Best,

Turki

• Please can you provide the error stack you see for this error:

Save it to your desktop and then add the xml file you get to your post.

fyi.

• Thank you. Here is the error stack for confirming the translation:

<SDLErrorDetails time="6/29/2019 10:13:55 AM">
      <ErrorMessage>Could not load type 'Sdl.Core.Settings.AbstractSettingsGroupBase' from assembly 'Sdl.Core.Settings, Version=1.8.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888'.</ErrorMessage>
      <Exception>
        <Type>System.TypeLoadException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
        <TypeName>Sdl.Core.Settings.AbstractSettingsGroupBase</TypeName>
        <HelpLink />
        <Source>StudioSubtitling</Source>
        <HResult>-2146233054</HResult>
        <StackTrace><![CDATA[   at StudioSubtitling.Verifier.Settings.SubtitlingVerificationSettings.get_CPSEnabled()
       at StudioSubtitling.Verifier.SubtitlingVerifier.CheckParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
       at StudioSubtitling.Verifier.SubtitlingVerifier.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core.Utilities.BilingualApi.BilingualContentHandlerAdapter.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core.Utilities.BilingualApi.BilingualContentHandlerAdapter.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.AbstractBilingualProcessorContainer.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.BilingualApi.AbstractBilingualContentProcessor.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.LocationMarkerLocator.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.AbstractBilingualProcessorContainer.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.FileExtractor.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
       at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.TranslatableDocument.SingleParagraphUnitBilingualParser.ParseNext()
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.FileExtractor.ParseNext()
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.ParseNext()
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.Parse()
       at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.TranslatableDocument.VerifySegment(ISegmentContainerNode segmentContainerNode, IParagraphUnitContainerNode paragraphContainerNode, IFileContainerNode fileContainerNode)
       at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.SideBySideDocumentEditingView.VerifySegment()
       at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.Actions.AbstractConfirmSegmentAction.ExecuteActiveSegment()
       at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.Actions.AbstractConfirmSegmentAction.Execute()
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.ActionService.<>c__DisplayClass30_0.<ExecuteAction>b__0()
       at Sdl.Desktop.Logger.Log.Resources(Object message, Action action)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.ActionService.ExecuteAction(IAction action, ActionOrigin origin, Boolean allowToggle)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.IgCommandBarDynamicActionMenu.Execute()
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.IgAbstractCommandBarActionMenu._menu_ToolClick(Object sender, ToolClickEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolBase.OnToolClick(ToolClickEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.OnToolClick(ToolClickEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.FireEvent(ToolbarEventIds id, EventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolBase.OnToolClick()
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.PopupToolBase.OnToolClick()
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ButtonToolUIElement.DoClickProcessing(MouseEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ButtonToolUIElement.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUpHelper(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.Utilities.ProcessEvent(Control control, ProcessEvent eventToProcess, EventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsDockArea.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)]]></StackTrace>
      </Exception>
      <Environment>
        <ProductName>SDL Trados Studio</ProductName>
        <ProductVersion>15.0.0.0</ProductVersion>
        <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>15.1.0.44109</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
        <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 10 Home</OperatingSystem>
        <ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
        <OperatingSystemLanguage>1033</OperatingSystemLanguage>
        <CodePage>1252</CodePage>
        <LoggedOnUser>DESKTOP-0GC3IK5\latof</LoggedOnUser>
        <DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
        <ComputerName>DESKTOP-0GC3IK5</ComputerName>
        <ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
        <PhysicalMemory>4012140 MB</PhysicalMemory>
      </Environment>
    </SDLErrorDetails>

Here is the error stack for the subtitling preview: 

<SDLErrorDetails time="6/29/2019 10:16:25 AM">
      <ErrorMessage>Unexpected exception when getting view part instance of view part Subtitling Preview</ErrorMessage>
      <Exception>
        <Type>Sdl.Desktop.Platform.StudioException, Sdl.Desktop.Platform, Version=15.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888</Type>
        <HelpLink />
        <Source>Sdl.Desktop.Platform</Source>
        <HResult>-2146233088</HResult>
        <StackTrace><![CDATA[   at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.AbstractViewWithParts.EnsureViewPartSite(IViewPartReference viewPartReference)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.AbstractViewWithParts.Control_ShowingViewPart(IViewWithParts view, IViewPartReference viewPartReference)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.DockingViewContentControl.OnShowingViewPart(IViewPartReference viewPartReference)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.DockingViewContentControl.EnsureDockedViewPartControl(DockableControlPane pane)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.DockingViewContentControl.InitializeDockedViewPart(IViewPartReference viewPartReference)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.DockingViewContentControl.ShowViewPart(IViewPartReference viewPartReference)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.AbstractViewWithParts.ShowViewPart(IViewPartReference viewPartReference)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.AbstractDockingView.ShowViewPartAction.Execute()
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.ActionService.<>c__DisplayClass30_0.<ExecuteAction>b__0()
       at Sdl.Desktop.Logger.Log.Resources(Object message, Action action)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.ActionService.ExecuteAction(IAction action, ActionOrigin origin, Boolean allowToggle)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.IgCommandBarAction.Execute()
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.IgCommandBarAction._lazyButtonTool_ToolClick(Object sender, ToolClickEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolBase.OnToolClick(ToolClickEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.OnToolClick(ToolClickEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.FireEvent(ToolbarEventIds id, EventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolBase.OnToolClick()
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ButtonToolUIElement.DoClickProcessing(MouseEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ButtonToolUIElement.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUpHelper(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.Utilities.ProcessEvent(Control control, ProcessEvent eventToProcess, EventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsDockArea.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)]]></StackTrace>
        <InnerException>
          <Type>System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
          <HelpLink />
          <Source>mscorlib</Source>
          <HResult>-2146232828</HResult>
          <StackTrace><![CDATA[   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
       at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
       at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
       at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
       at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
       at Sdl.Core.PluginFramework.Implementation.Extension.CreateInstance()
       at Sdl.Core.PluginFramework.Integration.ExtensionStoreItem..ctor(IExtension extension)
       at Sdl.Core.PluginFramework.Integration.ExtensionsRepository.AddExtension[TResult](IExtension extension, ExtensionArguments arguments, Func`4 instanceCreator)
       at Sdl.Core.PluginFramework.Integration.ExtensionBuilderFactory.Build[TResult](IExtension extension, ExtensionArguments arguments, Boolean useCache)
       at Sdl.Core.PluginFramework.Integration.ExtensionsFactory.Create[TResult](IExtension extension, ExtensionArguments arguments, Boolean useCache)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.ViewPartDescriptor.CreateInstance()
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.PluginViewPartReference.get_ViewPart()
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.AbstractViewWithParts.EnsureViewPartSite(IViewPartReference viewPartReference)]]></StackTrace>
          <InnerException>
            <Type>System.TypeInitializationException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
            <TypeName>StudioSubtitling.SubtitlingEditorController</TypeName>
            <HelpLink />
            <HResult>-2146233036</HResult>
            <StackTrace><![CDATA[   at StudioSubtitling.SubtitlingEditorController..ctor()]]></StackTrace>
            <InnerException>
              <Type>System.TypeLoadException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
              <TypeName>Sdl.Core.Settings.AbstractSettingsGroupBase</TypeName>
              <HelpLink />
              <HResult>-2146233054</HResult>
              <StackTrace><![CDATA[   at StudioSubtitling.ViewModel.MediaElementViewModel.UpdateSubtitleSettings(ISettingsGroup subtitlingSettings, Boolean isEnabled)
       at StudioSubtitling.ViewModel.MediaElementViewModel.SetActiveDocument(Document document)
       at StudioSubtitling.ViewModel.MediaElementViewModel..ctor()
       at StudioSubtitling.SubtitlingEditorControl.LoadView()
       at StudioSubtitling.SubtitlingEditorControl..ctor()
       at StudioSubtitling.SubtitlingEditorController..cctor()]]></StackTrace>
            </InnerException>
          </InnerException>
        </InnerException>
      </Exception>
      <Environment>
        <ProductName>SDL Trados Studio</ProductName>
        <ProductVersion>15.0.0.0</ProductVersion>
        <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>15.1.0.44109</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
        <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 10 Home</OperatingSystem>
        <ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
        <OperatingSystemLanguage>1033</OperatingSystemLanguage>