Detecting language please wait for.......
I got a bunch of srt files to translate from a customer, and I was so happy when I found this plugin, but unfortunately when I tried to open a srt file, I got the message that the Subrip version used to generate the file isn't compatible. Since I don't have access to vob or any other files, just these English srt files and videos, is there a workaround to solve this?
Many thanks in advance for your help!
As per your first screenshot, you're using native SRT filetype.
You should install and enable new SRT filetype, which works with Subtitling plugin - https://appstore.sdl.com/language/app/srt-filetype…
Hi Vlatka Vitez,
You'll need to install the latest release of the filetypes supported by Studio Subtitling. You can search and download these from the SDL Appstore
After installing these filetypes…
Hi Patrick and Jakub!
Thanks a lot for your assistance, and patience ;)
Hi Vlatka Vitez
SRT is such a basic format that it's hard to believe the version is a problem. Can you post some of the file here, so that we can have a look at it?
thanks for your prompt reply!
So this is the message I'm getting, and the link to the file. Please let me know if you can't open it..
Hi Vlatka Vitez, This message is coming from the Studio Subtitling plugin.
The document that you are opening in the editor was created with a version of the *.srt FileType that is not compatible to use with the Studio Subtitling plugin.
The latest version of the *.srt SubRip FileType that I released for Studio Subtitling should be version 1.1.6.x. Maybe Paul or Steven Whale can confirm?
What I'd recommend, to make sure Studio picks up the correct version of the *.srt FileType is to uncheck the older version that is installed with the product.
unfortunately this didn't work.. Now it says it's unsupported file type. When I turn it back on, I get the same message as before.
Remember that after you have updated the filetype settings (demonstrated above), you will then need to reprocess the file.
Confirm that you see the correct filetype being associated with the file in the project wizard.
Additionally, confirm that the correct filetype was used to create the sdlxliff file from the 'File Details' view.
Also, make sure you are using the latest release of Studio Subtitling, which should be 220.127.116.11; you can download from here: appstore.sdl.com/.../
Thank you, I've tried now everything you said a couple of times from scratch, but it still doesn't work. The problem is obviously, as the message indicates, the incompatible SubRip version (18.104.22.168) used to create SRT files I got for translation. As I don't have access to any other files, I wondered if maybe someone knew how to bypass that problem.. But I understand this might be the question for SubRip support
You should install and enable new SRT filetype, which works with Subtitling plugin - https://appstore.sdl.com/language/app/srt-filetype/990/
It might not be active after you install it, so first, go to filetype settings and you should see a small message about additional filetypes found. When new filetype is active, move native SRT below the new one or just disable it.
After installing these filetypes (or only SRT in yr case); uncheck the older version that is installed with the product as I noted earlier.