UX: Saving a specific Trados editor's display for subtitling

Hello,

Is it possible to save a customized editor's display layout for translating subtitles? A display layout that would contain selected windows and their physical position on the screen.

If it's not possible, is it something that SDL is considering for future releases?

It would be great to just click a button to switch display layouts, depending on the type of document you need to translate (video subtitles vs any other document).

Thank you!

Parents
  • Hi Céline,

In theory this is possible by saving your user profile:

File -> Setup -> Manage User Profiles

But I could not verify this as I'm getting an error.  I'll look at this with the teams next week but it would be worth you trying that route and see if it works for you.  Backup your user profile with a name related to your subtitling setup, then change the layout and see if you can restore it by changing the user profile to the one you saved.

• Hi Paul,

Thank you for your answer. I had a look in the Documentation Center, because I'm not familiar with the user profile feature.

As indicated in the documentation, I  exported my subtitling user profile as a .sdlprofile file to be able to use it later.

The problem is that when I go back to "Manage User Profiles", I don't have the option "Change user profile" that would allow me to switch between profiles and select the one I've just saved.

Is the user profile feature available for anyone?

Thank you,

Céline

• Hi Céline,

Is the user profile feature available for anyone?

Until now I had always thought it was!  You should see this:

Can you share a screenshot and show me what you see?

• Hi Paul,

Thank you for your message.

I've tried to play with the Manage User Profiles different options, but it's hard to understand the logic and behaviour of this feature, except that it doesn't seem to have any effect on the layout of the editor's window...

Honestly, I don't have the time to dig deeper, so I think  I'll give up this feature for now.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Céline

• Hi Paul,

Thank you for your message.

I've tried to play with the Manage User Profiles different options, but it's hard to understand the logic and behaviour of this feature, except that it doesn't seem to have any effect on the layout of the editor's window...

Honestly, I don't have the time to dig deeper, so I think  I'll give up this feature for now.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Céline

Children
No Data