Subtitling

Hello Paul and Ray ,

I watched the Subtitling webinar recording and it all sounds very interesting.

Did I understand correctly that one has to hook up a video file located locally in order for that feature to work?

Also, would it work if I were to create a project with SRT files in WorldServer and then translate in Studio?

If so, is there a specific filter I have to use? I do not see one in our WS 11.4.2 instance.

Thanks,

Natalia

Top Replies

• The latest version of Studio, 2019 SR2 CU5, introduced a new "filetype" into Studio through core components:

If the filetype is prepared with this new "filetype" that supports…

Parents
  • The latest version of Studio, 2019 SR2 CU5, introduced a new "filetype" into Studio through core components:

If the filetype is prepared with this new "filetype" that supports SRT, webVTT, SBV and SUB formats then the subtitling plugin can be used in Studio to handle these files properly.  However, I don't know where we are with implementing this into the Enterprise products yet so for the time being it would be a PS request as per this article:

https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000011015

would be the right man to help you more on that.

If you use the current Sub-Rip SRT Filetype you can of course translate it in Studio but the subtitling plugin we developed cannot work with it as the SRT filetype is 'dumb' to any of the features required.

If the filetype is prepared with this new "filetype" that supports SRT, webVTT, SBV and SUB formats then the subtitling plugin can be used in Studio to handle these files properly.  However, I don't know where we are with implementing this into the Enterprise products yet so for the time being it would be a PS request as per this article:

https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000011015

would be the right man to help you more on that.

If you use the current Sub-Rip SRT Filetype you can of course translate it in Studio but the subtitling plugin we developed cannot work with it as the SRT filetype is 'dumb' to any of the features required.

Children