Detecting language please wait for.......
I've installed the Studio Subtitling plug-in and created a project, but when I click the Subtitling Preview icon, the window appears blank, which means I can't attach the video.
Thank you very much in advance for your help.
Sara Duran Arana, Lara Bosch Jiménez
Thanks for taking the call with me Sara... it's always easier to sort these issues out when you can see what's happening. In this case the problem is that you…
Sara Duran Arana
What filetype are you using in your project?
Can you tell me which SRT? There are actually three available and only two of them will work. If I put them all together you'll see this and only the top two will work:
The top one in my list is from the appstore:
The second one is out of the box with the latest version of Studio 2019:
SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR2 - 18.104.22.16831
The third one is out of the box with most versions of Studio but it has no concept of the capabilities available with the subtitling plugin. So if you are using SRT based on this last one nothing is likely to work.
If you go to your Files View in Studio for the project you created you'll be able to see which of these filetypes you used. Perhaps this will help explain?
Thank you for your help.
I'm afraid I don't quite understand what I need to check.
I have a little file with extension .srt (no idea to which of these filetypes it corresponds).
On the other hand, I downloaded all .srt plug-ins from the app store:
I'm using SDLTradosStudio2019_SR2_22.214.171.12431
I'm experiencing this sort of issue as well. I installed all filetypes, but I suspect that the issue is due to the fact that the translation file in the project is not the SRT kind you have at the top of the list in yout screenshot, but it is a SubRip file. Is this relevant? Is there a way to fix it?
SRT is a SubRip file, and you seem to be using the correct filetype. I think it might e helpful to take a call with you and look at this issue together. Please drop me an email to email@example.com and we can set up a call for Monday if that works for you?
I've sent you the email.
Thanks for taking the call with me Sara... it's always easier to sort these issues out when you can see what's happening. In this case the problem is that you had installed the new filetypes, but you were not using them. So under File -> Options we could see this:
Clicking on this shows this (or something like this):
To activate them seect them and click on ok. Then recreate your project making sure that you are no longer using this one:
I recommend you deactivate this one because it doesn't support the subtitling features available in the plugins. It's just a dumb text processor.
I remember having clicked "Additional installed file types exist". The problem is that I hadn't recreated the project.
Thank you very much for your patience at the call and for solving the issue.