Error message while trying to save first segment (SDL Trados Studio 2017)

Hello!

I'm translating a document from German to Italian with version 2017. When I try to save the first segment I get the following error message: Impossibile trovare il file specificato (The specified file could not be found). This is the second time it happens with the same client, but they couldn't help me...

Can anybody help with this?

Thank you.

Barbara 

Parents
  • Hello ,

Could you please post the full error stack

-

This should help identify the issue.

• sdlerror-202076-9h46m30s.sdlerror.sdlerror.xml
    <SDLErrorDetails time="06/07/2020 09:46:46">
      <ErrorMessage>Impossibile trovare il file specificato</ErrorMessage>
      <Exception>
        <Type>System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
        <NativeErrorCode>2</NativeErrorCode>
        <ErrorCode>-2147467259</ErrorCode>
        <HelpLink />
        <Source>System</Source>
        <HResult>-2147467259</HResult>
        <StackTrace><![CDATA[   in System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
       in System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
       in LanguageToolStudioPlugin.LanguageToolStudioPluginMain.validLang(String lang)
       in LanguageToolStudioPlugin.LanguageToolStudioPluginMain.Initialize(IDocumentProperties documentInfo)
       in Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core.Utilities.BilingualApi.BilingualContentHandlerAdapter.Initialize(IDocumentProperties documentInfo)
       in Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core.Utilities.BilingualApi.BilingualContentHandlerAdapter.Initialize(IDocumentProperties documentInfo)
       in Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.AbstractBilingualProcessorContainer.Initialize(IDocumentProperties documentInfo)
       in Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.Initialize(IDocumentProperties documentInfo)
       in Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.BilingualApi.AbstractBilingualContentProcessor.Initialize(IDocumentProperties documentInfo)
       in Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.AbstractBilingualProcessorContainer.Initialize(IDocumentProperties documentInfo)
       in Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.TranslatableDocument.SingleParagraphUnitBilingualParser.ParseNext()
       in Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.FileExtractor.ParseNext()
       in Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.ParseNext()
       in Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.Parse()
       in Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.TranslatableDocument.VerifySegment(ISegmentContainerNode segmentContainerNode, IParagraphUnitContainerNode paragraphContainerNode, IFileContainerNode fileContainerNode)
       in Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.SideBySideDocumentEditingView.VerifySegment()
       in Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.Actions.AbstractConfirmSegmentAction.ExecuteActiveSegment()
       in Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.Actions.AbstractConfirmSegmentAction.Execute()
       in Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.ActionService.<>c__DisplayClass30_0.<ExecuteAction>b__0()
       in Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.Log.Resources(Object message, Action action)
       in Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.ActionService.ExecuteAction(IAction action, ActionOrigin origin, Boolean allowToggle)
       in Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.ActionService.ExecuteActionForShortcut(Keys shortcut)
       in Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.StudioWindowForm.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
       in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
       in System.Windows.Forms.Form.ProcessKeyPreview(Message& m)
       in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyPreview(Message& m)
       in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m)
       in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
       in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       in System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)]]></StackTrace>
      </Exception>
      <Environment>
        <ProductName>SDL Trados Studio</ProductName>
        <ProductVersion>14.0.0.0</ProductVersion>
        <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>14.1.10018.54792</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
        <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 10 Home</OperatingSystem>
        <ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
        <OperatingSystemLanguage>1040</OperatingSystemLanguage>
        <CodePage>1252</CodePage>
        <LoggedOnUser>LAPTOP-JV84N7UM\barba</LoggedOnUser>
        <DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
        <ComputerName>LAPTOP-JV84N7UM</ComputerName>
        <ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
        <PhysicalMemory>4032784 MB</PhysicalMemory>
      </Environment>
    </SDLErrorDetails>

• Hello ,

The error appears to stem from the LanguageTool plugin.

Please remove the plugin via 'SDL Plugin Management', then restart Studio.

Are you able to open the project now and work on it?

When installing the plugin (latest version 2.5.0.2017) 

https://appstore.sdl.com/language/app/languagetool-grammar-and-spell-checker/725/

Please refer to the linked setup documentation/'Lean How to use this App' information, as there are required steps to follow in the setup procedure.

Did this help?

• Hi Steven,

thanks a lot for your help, much appreciated! I did manage to translate and deliver the file, after removing the plugin. So for the moment I can use SDL Trados in this way..

I also tried to follow all the procedure to download and install the latest plugin, but I am stuck and I don't know what I'm doing wrong... I can't find the languagetool.jar file in the unzipped folder, as suggested by the setup procedure. I will try again some other time...

Thanks

Barbara

• Hi Steven,

thanks a lot for your help, much appreciated! I did manage to translate and deliver the file, after removing the plugin. So for the moment I can use SDL Trados in this way..

I also tried to follow all the procedure to download and install the latest plugin, but I am stuck and I don't know what I'm doing wrong... I can't find the languagetool.jar file in the unzipped folder, as suggested by the setup procedure. I will try again some other time...

Thanks

Barbara

Children
No Data