Trados Business Manager
Speech to Text
Managed Translation - Enterprise
Translation Management Connectors
Machine Translation Cloud
Machine Translation Connectors
Machine Translation Edge
Tridion Docs Developers
RWS User Experience
RWS Community Internal Group
RWS Access Customer Portal
RWS Professional Services
RWS Training & Certification
Language Technology Partner Group
RWS Enterprise Technology Partners
Trados Academic Partners
Trados Approved Trainers
ETUG (European Trados User Group) Public Information
Machine Translation User Group
Nordic Tridion Docs User Group
Tridion Docs Europe & APAC User Group
Tridion UK Meetup
Tridion User Group Benelux
Tridion User Group New England
Tridion User Group Ohio Valley
Tridion West Coast User Group
WorldServer User Group
Trados GroupShare Ideas
Trados Studio Ideas
Language Weaver Cloud Ideas
Language Weaver Edge Ideas
RWS Language Cloud TMS Ideas
RWS Language Cloud Terminology Ideas
RWS Language Cloud Online Editor Ideas
Managed Translation - Enterprise Ideas
Tridion Docs Ideas
Tridion Sites Ideas
LiveContent S1000D Ideas
Events & Webinars
To RWS Documentation
To RWS Support
Detecting language please wait for.......
I made sure I added TB into the translation engine, still TB results do not appear neither in live nor on studio.
Thanks - it works fine here... It's a bit tricky to troubleshoot just based on your screenshots, but potentially one more thing to try - in your termbase, do not use sublanguages but rather just use English…
Hi Daniel, that was the problem! I changed the termbases to the main languages and now it works fine. Maybe that is also the case for Abdullah Alobaid. Thank you very much!
Hello Abdullah Alobaid and Caroline Wachter - further to Steven's reply, would be good to understand which source and target languages you are using in your termbase and in the project. If they match, this should work of course but would still be good to know how you have set up the termbase in the engine and what the project languages are. (Also if you are using main languages in the termbase or also sublanguages - we do recommend just working with the main languages but sublanguages should also work). So if you can share more details here, would be great. Thanks
Hello Daniel, here are the screenshots of a test project. I have one project for a translation from German into English and Spanish. I double checked that the languages are exactly the same (Deutsch - Deutschland, English - UK, Spanish - International) and I also checked that in the TB there actually are terms for each segment.
When I open the same project in Studio with the exactly same TBs everything works fine.
I tried the same text with only one language (English) and only loaded the English TB. There are still no TB results.
Thanks - it works fine here... It's a bit tricky to troubleshoot just based on your screenshots, but potentially one more thing to try - in your termbase, do not use sublanguages but rather just use English. When creating a termbase, you can uncheck "show sublanguages" and just pick the main languages left. Rather than an English UK flag, you will then see a more generic "EN" label. Steven Whale - who could help with this further? Thanks
Thanks Caroline - great to hear - I will report this internally as both main languages and sublanguages should work. We recommend using main languages only but of course sublanguages should also work.
I changed the languages into English (world) and Arabic (world) but still no termbase results neither on live nor on studio.
Hi Abdullah - you will need to completely disable "show sublanguages" in the languages area when creating a new termbase. Then Arabic and English will appear as "main languages" only and using these should work - see screenshot below. Thanks, Daniel
I tried... still no termbase results neither in live nor in studio
Hi Abdullah - seems to work fine here - I created a termbase with English and Arabic, then created a project with English (UK) source and Arabic (Algeria) target - and the terms seem to be found OK now:
How did you add the term in the first place? I added it through this window in the pic
I added it in the same way...
I don't know what I am doing wrong. please brother notify me if you think of something
Strange indeed... what is your language pair exactly? Can you also post a screenshot of the Online Editor? BTW I tested Studio also and it worked fine there also... Thanks
Thank you for the video Abdullah - I think I know what is happening. I think you have put both the source and the target term into the same English field, rather than use the English field for the English term and the Arabic field for the Arabic term. If you complete your entry like this then it should work:
Be aware, however, that the user interface above can be a bit awkward - as soon as you add the English term, the Arabic field disappears. To bring it back, click on Add Language -> Arabic in the top right corner for it to reappear:
Then the Arabic field will open and you can enter the Arabic term and press the check mark icon to save the complete entry.
I hope this helps!
that's what I was doing wrong. it works fine now.
Thanks a lot brother Daniel