How do I remove a GroupShare project from "in progress" in my projects list?

Hi!

One of my longstanding clients started using GroupShare today. After I had delivered the project by checking in the file and changing the phase to review, I tried to remove the project from "in progress" in my own local projects list (I am not talking about "their" lists on the GroupShare server). I then got the error message "You cannot complete this project because you do not have required permission".

How do I solve this? The client had no idea. I really need to move the project from "in progress" to the list of completed projects, as it will be very difficult for me otherwise to keep track of the projects I am currently working on and the projects that I have already completed (which I must keep track of for billing and audit purposes).

I would be very grateful for your help!

Kind regards,
Johanna

  • I don't think you can change the status of the project because you don't have the rights. But you can remove it from your project list altogether using Right-Click -> Remove from list.

    might have a better idea.

  • I couldn't use "remove from list" option, as I needed the project to move into the "Completed" list - I need it to appear in the list of completed projects for billing purposes (I must keep track of projects worked on, word count, etc - I do it that way for all my other clients, and I don't want to have separate setup for this client alone).


    But I actually have a workaround for the project now, thanks to a member of ProZ (I posted the question there as well, when I had not had a response from SDL in a couple of days). This is the workaround suggested on ProZ that worked for me:

    All I did was to highlight the file in the list of "current projects" and select “unpublish project” from the ribbon in Studio. 
    I then got an error message, stating that I did not have permission to do so. But, hey presto - the project moved from “in progress” to “completed”, just like I needed it to! So I can still double check the word count, etc. for the project in “completed”, but it no longer clutters my list of active projects.
    Kind regards,
    Johanna
  • All I did was to highlight the file in the list of "current projects" and select “unpublish project” from the ribbon in Studio. 
    I then got an error message, stating that I did not have permission to do so. But, hey presto - the project moved from “in progress” to “completed”, just like I needed it to! S

    Perfect... so no workaround at all... just working as needed!