Concordance in server TM doesn't work anymore after update to Studio 2019 SR2 - 15.2.8.3007

I saw this question being raised a couple of months ago, but it seems the problem still isn't resolved. When working on projects that use a server-based TM at the client side, the condordance doesn't work anymore with the current 15.2.8.3007 update. The client is using Studio 2017 SR1 - 14.1.10016.54660.

The message that is immediately returned is "There was a problem while searching. See the Messages Window for more information."

The Messages window shows: "An error has occurred while using the translation provider xxx. Correction Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed during the post-login phase. The connection could have timed out while waiting for server to complete the login process and respond; Or it could have timed out while attempting to create multiple active connections. The duration spent while attempting to connect to this server was [Pre-Login] initialization=0, handshake=2;  [Login] initialization=0; authentication=0. [Post-Login] complete=15000."

This cannot be a timeout error because the message appers the same instant that I hit the Concordance shortcut. Also, I get some fuzzy matches, so the TM is definitely connected, it's just the concordance that doesn't work.

This issue prevents me from accepting jobs from clients who work with a server TM. Does anybody know how to solve this without having to uninstall Studio and reinstalling the previous version? (Is there a more simple rollback?)

Parents
  • HI Nina,

    Thank you for your question!

    Can you send us the completele stacktrace of the error message? You can maximize the error message by clicking on the small window in the bottom left corner of the error message. Please copy paste or attach the stacktrace to the post.

    Thank you and best regards,

    Ingrid Briscan

  • Hi Ingrid,

    I just tried this again. Today I get a different message:

    ""An error has occurred while using the translation provider xxx. Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

    The Message windows shows the exact same message. I'm sorry but I don't see a small window in the bottom left corner to click on... I'm so grateful for your help, but I don't know how to obtain that stacktrace...

    Best regards, Nina

Reply
  • Hi Ingrid,

    I just tried this again. Today I get a different message:

    ""An error has occurred while using the translation provider xxx. Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

    The Message windows shows the exact same message. I'm sorry but I don't see a small window in the bottom left corner to click on... I'm so grateful for your help, but I don't know how to obtain that stacktrace...

    Best regards, Nina

Children