Filter disables TM

Hi,

Created two filters in Project under all Language Pairs - Translation Memories - Filter based on User that last worked on the TU

In Editor, when the filter is used, there are no hits from the TMs - even in Concordance Search mode.

Error message: An error has occurred while using the translation provider NAME OF TM: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

This is repeated for all TMs used for the specific language pair.

In Project Settings, the relevant TMs are enabled, also for Lookup and Concordance

SDL Trados Studio 2017, GroupShare.

Any ideas where I should start looking for a solution?

Parents Reply
  • Hi  

I moved your post into the GS forum to see if anyone had any ideas in here too.

I tested a TM set up as you suggested but don't get an error... so I used this:

Screenshot of Trados Studio showing Filter Penalties section with a filter named 'Test' applying a penalty of 1 for condition 'NOT Last modified by = test'.

And then see this sort of effect:

Screenshot of Trados Studio displaying a translation match score of 99% with a tooltip indicating a filter mismatch penalty (Test) of -1%.

So I believe it "should" work based on my simple test.  It may help if you can get the full error stack as this could point to where the problem is coming from.  Given you get this with file-based and server-based TMs I don't think the condition of the TM is the problem, although it might be worth checking your file-based with the TM Repair app just in case.

In the meantime perhaps someone here might have a better idea?

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 6:42 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
Children
No Data