Groupshare integration with PM systems

Good morning everyone!

We have been working with Trados Studio + XTRF for quite a long time (2012 if I recall correctly) so we've gone through loads of different versions, cumulative updates and, of course, errors :).

Now that we have the chance, we wanted to integrate automatic project creation in XTRF, that is, we'd like the tool to automatically create projects for us and upload them to XTRF directly. We work with many languages to this would save a long time.

However, looks like things get really complicated with Groupshare Cloud. I have been told by a Support representative that you cannot use APIs of any kind with Groupshare Cloud and this leaves us only the option of having it installed in our own server... again (as it was roughly 3-4 years ago).

If this is true, I believe this move is nonsensical - we are told about the many benefits of moving to the Cloud and we are assured that integration with other systems wouldn't be a problem, and now apparently we have to go back to our own server-based solution in order to fully make use of the integration.

I have tried literally everything I could think of, but currently projects are being created (we have a valid Trados Studio license in our office server) but then they show up without any fuzzy matches or discounts of any kind, only repetitions. Obviously, we cannot send them like this, as we cannot give any discounts to our clients and/or translators. 

I know this is a lengthy explanation but I wanted to provide a little bit of background - the question here is: is what the SDL representative told me true? If so, why would you do this? From a customer perspective, it sounds a little weird. And finally, is there any kind of workaround that does not involve moving back to an in-premises server?

Thank you!