Unable to export files or check-out files in Trados Studio when the GroupShare project creator has different credentials ?

Hi,

When opening a project in Review state with my user credentials, Trados Studio shows an error message asking me to use the credentials of the project creator.

The project was published in GroupShare 2017, and I was correctly added as a user with review rights.

I cannot export the files a WLIFF either on my computer due to the same issue.

This issue is NOT an issue from Trados Studio as this problem does not appear with GroupShare 2015.

Parents
  • Hi ,

This error may happen for various reasons. One scenario is working on a project from a shared network drive that has been published to GroupShare, but is still being worked on by other users who open the project in Studio directly from that network share instead of using File -> Open -> Open Trados GroupShare Project (and saving the files to a local drive).

Regardless of whether the above applies to your situation or not, please try the following:

1. Go to the Projects view in Studio. Right-click the project and choose Remove from List -> Yes.

2. Go to File -> Setup -> Servers. Edit the server and double-check the Username and Password are correct. Save and changes and close the Servers list.

3. Go to File -> Open -> Open Trados GroupShare Project. Open the project from the server and make sure you save the project somewhere on your C: drive. Note that you will not be able to save it in the same location it was before (unless you move or delete the original project files).

Let me know if this works or not. If not, and you have difficulty opening the project again, please provide further screenshots including any errors.

Kind regards,
    Nick

• Hi ,

This error may happen for various reasons. One scenario is working on a project from a shared network drive that has been published to GroupShare, but is still being worked on by other users who open the project in Studio directly from that network share instead of using File -> Open -> Open Trados GroupShare Project (and saving the files to a local drive).

Regardless of whether the above applies to your situation or not, please try the following:

1. Go to the Projects view in Studio. Right-click the project and choose Remove from List -> Yes.

2. Go to File -> Setup -> Servers. Edit the server and double-check the Username and Password are correct. Save and changes and close the Servers list.

3. Go to File -> Open -> Open Trados GroupShare Project. Open the project from the server and make sure you save the project somewhere on your C: drive. Note that you will not be able to save it in the same location it was before (unless you move or delete the original project files).

Let me know if this works or not. If not, and you have difficulty opening the project again, please provide further screenshots including any errors.

Kind regards,
    Nick

Children