Question relating to variables, pre-translation and the Analyze Files report

Former Member
Former Member

Question relating to variables, pre-translation and the Analyze Files report

I've been doing some testing with our variables using some company names.

I first translated the following German sentences into English and updated the main TM:

UMAGE ist eine interessante Firma.
Sie bestehen seit vielen Jahren.
Haben Sie den Namen UMAGE schon mal gehört?

I then created a new text, which was exactly the same but for the company name, which I made sure was also saved in Groupshare as a variable.

What I was expecting to happen in Trados was that all three segments would be pre-translated and show up as 100 % matches.

What actually happened was this - the second segment without a company name was pre-translated as a 100 % match. The other two segments weren't. When I opened up the file and clicked into those two segments the translation was suddenly populated as a 100 % match and the translation shows as coming from the project TM.

So far so good - the translations appear during translation. However, the Analyze Files report lists those two segments as fuzzy matches. So if we gave these translations to an external agency, as we mostly do, then we would have to pay for those segments even though the translations are, in essence, already there.

So, my question is, is there any way to pre-translate such segments or to get the Analyze Files report to recognise such segments (without having to click into each one)?

Thanks in advance for your help.