Unlink field templates without losing Information no longer possible?

In GroupShare 2015 it used to be possible to first link a TM to a field template (in order to not have to enter all the fields manually) and then unlink it without losing the Information in the fields. This seems to be no longer possible in GroupShare 2017. Is that true?

Parents
  • Hi ,

Which exact version of GroupShare 2017 are you using?

There was a bug for this (CRQ-5965) which was fixed in GroupShare 2017 SR1 CU9.

Kind regards,
    Nick

• CU10. CU9 fixed an issue with SDL Trados GroupShare 2017 where linking/unlinking field templates deleted all field values without warning. (CRQ-5965).

In CU10, there is a corresponding warning, but you still cannot unlink the template without losing the Information contained in the fields.

• CU10. CU9 fixed an issue with SDL Trados GroupShare 2017 where linking/unlinking field templates deleted all field values without warning. (CRQ-5965).

In CU10, there is a corresponding warning, but you still cannot unlink the template without losing the Information contained in the fields.

• Hi Johanna

The bug was not fixed. I have the same problem (and some others related with this issue). I contacted SDL Support and they will be fixing this bug in the next CU (11?).

You can follow below all the conversation with support: (I cannot send you the link as it is in my support account):

Subject:

All segmentation rules are lost, without unlinking the LRT

Resolved (Defect Raised)

Priority:

Description:

I have the same problem I had with this case in august. Suddenly all segmentation rules have been deleted. This time not only in the Standard LRT but also in the backup LRT I always create because of this bug that is still there in GS.

Now all my work on creating special segmentation rules is gone. And I am now really angry about that.

Is it possible in some way to find the old settings somewhere?

Thanks for the support

Resolution:

This has been reported as a defect under - CRQ-15445

29/07/2019 11:16 - SDL Support

Dear Angelo Caltagirone,

Your case has been resolved as follows:

This has been reported as a defect under - CRQ-15445

Please use the link below to let us know whether you are satisfied with this resolution.

To view or manage your case in SDL Customer Gateway, click here https://gateway.sdl.com/

We will keep your case at resolved status for a further 7 days after which time it will be set to closed.

If applicable, article(s) have been attached which might be useful.

Kind regards,

Praveen Balakrishna

SDL Support

16/07/2019 16:16 - Praveen Balakrishna

Hi Angelo,

Thanks for the screenshots. However, this has been reproduced from our end this seems to be a defect and we have raised a new defect for this (CRQ-15445). This can be monitored in you're SDL Gateway Support Portal.

Hi Praveen

Sorry for the late reply, I did not see your email…

First of all, I realized there is another bug.

After customizing a LRT, I always make a copy (export from linked TM) as a backup. After saving the backup all segmentations are lost.

These are the setting of the LTR in use, linked to a TM (I had to recustomize all the segmentation rules):

[cid:image001.png@01D53722.BFB36B00]

These are the setting when I export the same LTR from the linked TM:

[cid:image004.png@01D53723.67768020]

And these are the settings when I reopen the new LTR:

[cid:image007.png@01D53723.F77D3A60]

As you can see, all segmentations are back to default.

This is the screenshot of Advance settings:

[cid:image008.png@01D53723.F77D3A60]

The highlighted part is new. I never saw this before. And it is not true, as in the LRT there are no advance settings.

Thank you for your support.

Kind regards, Angelo

Sent: Wednesday, July 3, 2019 9:38 PM

To: Angelo Caltagirone <angelo.caltagirone@traductor.ch>

Subject: 00436450 - All segmentation rules are lost, without unlinking the LRT: New Case Comment ref:_00D30NkM._5000z1KnqrY:ref

[https://sdl--c.na67.content.force.com/servlet/servlet.ImageServer?id=01560000001jujO&oid=00D300000000NkM] <http://www.sdl.com/>

A new Comment has been added by Praveen Balakrishna to

Case 00436450

Subject: All segmentation rules are lost, without unlinking the LRT:

--------------------------------------------------

Hi Angelo,

Thank you for reaching SDL support.

We really appreciate the feedback offered for gateway.sdl.com/.../communityknowledge - However, the article is now changed.

Could you please send a screenshot of what you see in advanced settings after Linking a Language Resource Template.

Regards,

Praveen B

--------------------------------------------------

You can view the current status or add an update to your case at any point on the SDL Customer Gateway<https://gateway.sdl.com/>

Please do not modify the subject line when sending any related correspondence.

Kind regards,

Praveen Balakrishna

[.]<www.facebook.com/sdlplc> [.] <twitter.com/SDL>  [.] <www.linkedin.com/.../165895>  [.] <www.youtube.com/.../SDLonline>  [.] <plus.google.com/.../posts>

03/07/2019 20:38 - Praveen Balakrishna

Hi Angelo,

Thank you for reaching SDL support.

We really appreciate the feedback offered for gateway.sdl.com/.../communityknowledge - However, the article is now changed.

Could you please send a screenshot of what you see in advanced settings after Linking a Language Resource Template.

Regards,

Praveen B

03/07/2019 15:39 - Angelo Caltagirone

By the way, this information is wrong:

gateway.sdl.com/.../communityknowledge

You cannot import or export segmentation rules, only variables, abbreviations and ordinal followers.

Quick Actions

Add a Comment

Add Attachment

Manage Case Contacts

Close Case

Reopen Case

Update Impact/Urgency

Request Escalation

Recommended Knowledge

Cumulative Updates for SDL Trados Studio 2017 SR1

03/07/2019 09:13

Cumulative Updates for SDL Trados Studio 2017

19/06/2017 06:59

Kind regards, Angelo

• Hi ,

CRQ-15445 is a different bug regarding custom segmentation rules not being saved in a Language Resource Template when it is exported from a server-based TM. This is different to not being able to unlink a field template without it deleting the field values.

Kind regards,
    Nick

• Hi ,

I checked with our development team who clarified that this is in fact intended behaviour. When the field template is unlinked, GroupShare assumes that you no longer want the field values and therefore removes them.

The problem was that it wasn't warning people in previous versions so they were inadvertently losing data.

So the answer to your original question is that no, it is not possible to unlink a field template in GroupShare 2017 without losing the field values.

Kind regards,
    Nick

Reply Children
No Data