Tracking of GroupShare services

Hi 

From time to time it happens that some SDL Groupshare services stop and don't get restarted in the predefined number of attempts.

This leads to the service failure and users report strange behaviour that leads to checking SDL services on the GroupShare server and starting the stopped services.

I.e. recently the SDL Editor Service and SDL File Processing Service have stopped and users were not able to use Online Editor with interesting connection timeout error. 

In any case what I want to do is to have a notification mechanism, similar to what admins can see in Server Manager Dashboard.

Screenshot of Trados Studio Local Server Services Detail View showing SDL Editor Service and SDL File Processing Service with status 'Stopped'. 

that would detec stopped service and send a notification and/or  potentially restart the stopped service.

My question is: 

If a SDL service stops, does it write this in the Event log (I would use scheduler to check the log and trigger notification) or is this tracked only in GroupShare proprietary logs in  the C:\ProgramData\SDL\Service\Logs .?

Does anybody has a suggestion or idea how I could monitor this events and trigger notifications.

Thank you

Simon

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 6:36 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  • Hi Mitja, 

Thank you for the reply.

I was looking at exactly the same options, but I was sceptical on Restarting the server as I would need to let the connected users know (external and remote), that the server will be restarted and that there will be a timeout.

But I guess I'll test your suggestion in the meantime while looking for another way to track the services that stop on there own.

I would still appreciate/need a  structured notification mechanism that I would be able use for restarting just that particular service. 

Maybe it is just the timeout that would need to be longer than 5 minutes.... 

Thank you 

Simon

Children