Changing project phase in Studio - users are not being notified?

Hello,

In the past few days when I changed phase to a project, the user assigned has not been notified.

The project had not been published after creation, I then published it and assigned users. Unfortunately they have not been notified that I passed the files on to them, and I am trying to repeat this task few times but still nothing's happened.

Could maybe anyone suggest what the issue might be?

Thank you!

• Hi ,

So, if this is happening for a single user (or specific users who use a certain email provider e.g. Gmail), then you should first ask them to check their junk mail folders to see if the notifications have been filtered.

If this is happening globally, or if the problem persists, then first check the email settings in the GroupShare Console on the GroupShare application server. You can find these at the bottom of the Settings page (under Project Server Notification Settings).

Verify that the email server settings are correct (you may have to check these with your IT team, and if you make changes you will need to restart the GroupShare services and then make sure that they are all running afterwards). When you are sure the settings are correct, type your email address into the Test Email Address field and click Send Test Email. Within a few seconds you should receive an email in your inbox. If you do not then speak to your IT team and ask them to verify the SMTP logon settings, and that emails from the address in the Email Sender Address field are not being filtered.

Next, when you have successfully received one of the test emails yourself, enter one of the affected user's email addresses, and click the Send Test Email again. Verify that they can also receive these emails. If it works for you but not for them then the issue is related to your email (SMTP) server or to the user's mail server (if they are a third party).

Now try to assign a file to one of the affected users and see if a notification email arrives. If it does then the issue is resolved.

If users can receive test emails, but not notification emails from GroupShare, then it is possible that the RabbitMQ service needs to be restarted (while the GroupShare services are stopped). To do this, open the Services (not Services (Local)) section of the GroupShare Console and click Stop Services on the right-hand side. When they have stopped, go to the Services (Local) section and locate the RabbitMQ service. Right-click it and choose Restart. When the RabbitMQ service has restarted go back to the Services (not Services (Local)) section and click Restart Services. When this process has finished, check that all of the GroupShare services have started (you may need to manually start one or more of them in Services (Local)).

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Kind regards,
    Nick