Problems to access to translation memories on Groupshare Projects

Hello everyone! Hope you all are safe Blush

I am a Freelance translator working with SDL Trados Studio 2019 for an agency which uses Groupshare. Before starting to work on Groupshare projects, I did the login to their server correctly. The server status is always available.

However, since they share with me projects through Groupshare, I always have problems to access the TM, so I can´t work properly. After having done the checkout on the text I have to translate, a message appears on the Editor´s view:  “The translator provider [name of the TM] could not be opened and has been disabled”.

Usually, the steps I follow are:

• Accessing to Trados (my version is 2019) through Groupshare link the agency automatically sends me. I save the project in the appropriate file. Then, I go to the Project view in Trados and I visualize the file to be translated. I select it, I proceed with the checkout, and then I double-click on it to open the Editor view.
  • While the Editor view is loading, a pop-up comes out with the message “The translator provider [name of the TM] could not be opened and has been disabled”:

Warning pop-up message in Trados Studio stating 'The translation provider name of the TM could not be opened and has been disabled.'

• Then the text finishes loading, and I realize that the TM nor TB are working.
  • I check on Project settings, and I try to select the TM (server-based) of the project to enable it, but the same pop-up comes out:

Warning pop-up message over Project Settings in Trados Studio with the same error about the translation provider being disabled.

• So, at this point I always must ask to the agency for the local TM. I usually save it in the same file where the project is and I load it manually inside the project, and in this way, it always works:

Screenshot of Project Settings in Trados Studio showing the Translation Memory and Automated Translation settings without any visible error.

So, why do I have access to the project in Groupshare but not to the server-based TM, although the server status is always available, and I am connected to it?

Thank you very much in advance Slight smile

Yaiza

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 6:44 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply Children
No Data