When will MS Translator API Version 3 (NMT) and Custom Translator for MS NMT V3 be ready in Passolo 2016?

When will Microsoft Translator API Version 3 (Neural Machine Translation) and Custom Translator for MS NMT V3 feature be ready in Passolo 2016?

Before I logged one support case in Apr. 2018.

RnD support engineer logged it as a product requests enhancement on May. 2018.

But the status of the product requests enhancement is still In Backlog after about 7-8 months.

I want to ask again when the product request can be really done in Passolo 2016?

Is any specific fixed development timeline for this at SDL side?

This is because one of our partners approached me recently - the old Microsoft Translator API Version 2 (Statistical Machine Translation) and Microsoft Translator Hub for MS SMT V2 feature will be stopped in Apr. 2019 soon.

We want to know when we can switch to MS Translator API V3 (NMT) and Custom Translator for MS NMT V3 in Passolo 2016 successfully.

Parents
  • I don't think that this will be implemented for Passolo 2016. The development team addressed this issue and enhanced the functionality in Passolo 2018, so that this is supported now in the latest version.

According to the publicly accessible SDL Product Release Policy, Passolo 2016 is now under Limited Support and you can’t expect any further product enhancements.

If you need further information please contact the SDL Product Management.

• Hi Achim,

According to what you said below, our request seems already implemented the latest version of Passolo 2018.

"The development team addressed this issue and enhanced the functionality in Passolo 2018, so that this is supported now in the latest version."

But I submitted the same question of support test case to SDL support team. I got the below different answer with yours.

"This issue is being worked on for Passolo 2018 and I have updated the enhancement request with the fact that feature will be stopped in Apr. 2019. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you an approximate timeline for when the fix will be implemented in a live Passolo 2018 version because engineering has not provided this yet. "

SDL support engineer said the new feature request development is still in progress and not done yet in Passolo 2018. Also not a fixed date of fully implementation in Passolo 2018.

It confuses me now which answer is correct?

By the way, actually we are fine to upgrade our Passolo from 2016 to 2018 if the new feature can be done in 2018 finally before Apr. 2019.

Thanks.

Regards,

Jonathan 

• Hi Achim,

According to what you said below, our request seems already implemented the latest version of Passolo 2018.

"The development team addressed this issue and enhanced the functionality in Passolo 2018, so that this is supported now in the latest version."

But I submitted the same question of support test case to SDL support team. I got the below different answer with yours.

"This issue is being worked on for Passolo 2018 and I have updated the enhancement request with the fact that feature will be stopped in Apr. 2019. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you an approximate timeline for when the fix will be implemented in a live Passolo 2018 version because engineering has not provided this yet. "

SDL support engineer said the new feature request development is still in progress and not done yet in Passolo 2018. Also not a fixed date of fully implementation in Passolo 2018.

It confuses me now which answer is correct?

By the way, actually we are fine to upgrade our Passolo from 2016 to 2018 if the new feature can be done in 2018 finally before Apr. 2019.

Thanks.

Regards,

Jonathan 

Children
No Data