Upgrading from Passolo 2011 to 2016

If I have a trial version of Passolo 2016 installed and we upgrade from Passolo 2011 to 2016 with a license server, will the trial turn into a full version just by adding the license location into Help | About SDL Passolo | License | Location?

5 Replies Latest Replies: 15 May 2017 7:49 AM by Steven Whale
  • Hi Darrell,

I have spoken to some colleagues about this just to be a 100% sure. Yes is the answer as you already have the trial installed.

To enable the upgrade, you will first need to process the upgrade in your account -

You will need to first process the upgrade to 2015 (you you do not have to install the 2015 software) then wait 30 minutes for our servers to sync and then repeat the process to Passolo 2016.

If you need further help please let me know.

Kr

Steve

• In reply to Steven Whale:

After doing the upgrade I was told by SDL Support that Team Edition could no longer be used with a server, just an activation code. Our old method was for person 1 to launch the team edition locking the license but it would be free again once they closed Passolo. Now it seems that Person 1 needs to activate the license, do their work and then deactivate the license, then Person 2 needs to activate the license do their work and deactivate their license. Is this correct? What happens when Person 1 forgets to deactivate or the computer breaks down while the licence is activated and it can't be deactivated?
  • In reply to Darrell MacKay:

Hi  

Sorry for my late reply as I did not see your new posting.

Let me get back to you tomorrow (Tuesday) after I have checked this out to give you the correct answer.

Kr

Steve

• In reply to Steven Whale:

Hi Steve:

I have heard that a special network license is what I need to activate the license on a server. Someone from sales is supposed to contact me. I'm hoping it is not an additional fee as we operated that way in Passolo 2011. If it does it would seem the upgrade removed functionality.

Thanks,
    Darrell
  • In reply to Darrell MacKay:

Hi
    Thanks for your patience.
    After speaking to the licensing team, I'm aware they are working on this (your support ticket) and are just waiting on confirmation from your account manager (Serafino) to upgrade the license (s) (at no cost to you).
    I gather once this process is complete, this will meet your user/licensing needs exactly and will eliminate the previous issues, which are due to outdated technologies.

Kr

Steve

Related