Use of square brackets in Installshield files

All

We recently upgraded our version of Installshield, and it is throwing errors on square brackets that were allowed in the previous version.  In Korean and Japanese, we often have the convention of putting brackets around UI elements.  If the linguists uses single-byte brackets, the parser expects the text that follows to be a variable and so throws an error in the absense of a variable being defined for that text, breaking our builds.  Lots of unhappy programmers show up in my office....

So I found that if the linguists use double-byte brackets in these cases, the parser treats them as literal characters, and everything works smoothly.  It will be important for them to use single-byte brackets for variable calls and double-byte for literal text moving forward.  Searching for single-byte graphics in the translated column would return hundreds of occurrences, as this is the desired syntax for "code calls."

My question is - does anyone know of a way that I could be sure that the correct bracket is used in this context as just part of the process?  I realize that I *could* check these manually, but our build update/post process is all automated with builds twice a week, and if a linguist makes a mistake, we break the machine, delaying testing by hours if not a full day. 

Would appreciate any ideas you have.  Is this a case for using tags to isolate the "correct" single-byte characters?

Thanks
Melanie