Cannot update a string list that is currently exported

we are automating our process. What I want is to pull in updated source files and then through scripting do a create/update of source files. Then create/update of target files and then generate targets. This is so that we can provide Language Pack Installers with each build. I am getting this error because I have bundles some up for translation. What I don't understand is why I can manually do all these steps but when I try to do it through command line using \batch I am getting this error. 

Am I using the wrong option? 

Tim

Parents
  • The /batch command is combining /update and /generate for all source and translation lists.

But depending on the license you are using for the automation (Professional & Team vs. Collaboration) the update of translation lists doesn’t work for lists that are exported to translators.

In such cases your automation must be much more specific. The /update parameter can update specific translation lists but there is no additional parameter like notexported that will skip translation lists that are exported to translators. So please consider to use the COM object model where you can definitely check if the translation list is exported.

When using the Collaboration Edition there is no restriction to update all lists.

• The /batch command is combining /update and /generate for all source and translation lists.

But depending on the license you are using for the automation (Professional & Team vs. Collaboration) the update of translation lists doesn’t work for lists that are exported to translators.

In such cases your automation must be much more specific. The /update parameter can update specific translation lists but there is no additional parameter like notexported that will skip translation lists that are exported to translators. So please consider to use the COM object model where you can definitely check if the translation list is exported.

When using the Collaboration Edition there is no restriction to update all lists.

Children
No Data