How to prepare a Passolo review project or task

Hi all,

I just got back an external Translation and would like to organize the review via Passolo. Since it's the first time I could use some help here.

Can anyone briefly describe the workflow/steps required to enable a smooth review workflow via Passolo?

I want the reviewer to see the source, target and reference language, Multiterm etc. and activate Change tracking if possible...  and he should see if a corrected segment exceeds the maximum length defined for this line/segment.

Unfortunately the help section in Passolo does not seem to cover this topic, nor does the 'Getting started' Passolo presentation. At least I could not find anything about it. Maybe someone created a sort of review guideline or instructions on how to do a review in Passolo? This would be really helpful.

Kind regards

Birgit Lins

Head of department – Translation Management

Meusburger Georg GmbH & Co KG

Parents
  • Hi

I will try to cover everything you mentioned below, but let me know if I missed something.

Before exporting string lists to TBUs:

Make sure all strings that should be reviewed by reviewers are translated and for review state, i.e. blue.

Any other strings that should not be reviewed should be validated, i.e. black. If not, just make sure the above is true.

Exporting String Lists:

While exporting string lists to TBUs, ensure to open Options in Settings window, and select "Use current options". This will ensure any checks you have set up in your Passolo project will be embedded in TBU, including inline patterns settings, length check settings, etc.

You also need to check "Generate licensed TBU for translator edition" checkbox, if reviewer only has translator edition of Passolo.

Ensure to open Rights option, and choose the correct rights. For example, if validated/black strings should not be modified by reviewers, uncheck "modify validated text (black)" checkbox. 

If you want reviewer to modify "for review" strings, if a change is necessary, check "modify "for review" texts (blue/green) checkbox. Since you probably want another linguists review their changes, you should ask your reviewers to leave translation comments for any strings which they made changes. (you can also sort strings by "last change" dates or by user if you need to find which strings reviewers modified).

I am not sure about reference language. You can create multilingual TBUs if that's what you mean.

Instructions:

There should be a set of instructions for reviewers on how to do the things you want them to do:

When opening a TBU in Passolo translator edition, Use Options should pop-up, and reviewer should select "Use the options (the current settings are overwritten). This will ensure your reviewers are using the same options for checks.

There is no such thing as Track change feature for translation text in Passolo. You can see track change-like display of most recent change made to source text in Properties window > Text tab.

However, there is string history for each string in Properties window > History tab.

Reviewers should validate translation, changing string color from blue to black.

We usually encourage reviewers to leave translation comment for any strings that they do not want to validate as-is.

For reviewer to see source and target, ensure there is some instructions as to how to display all the necessary columns

For review to see Multiterm, etc., ensure there is some instructions as to how to add termbase, TMs, etc. from Add-ins

Almost all the information is available in details in help, but maybe a workflow guide might be a missing piece. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naoko

• Dear Naoko, sorry for the late reply, I followed your instructions and everything worked out just fine. Thank you so much for your help! Regarding reference language I was referring to the following:  https://docs.sdl.com/785448/395685/sdl-passolo-help/displaying-a-reference-language. This also worked exactly as described in the Passolo help. Kind regards, Birgit

• Hi

Thanks for the update! I am so pleased to hear your project went smoothly. And thanks for sharing the link. I can see the benefit of using this particular feature now.

Thanks,

Naoko

Reply Children
No Data