Support of SDL 2015 add-ins in Passolo 2011

Hello,

I have upgraded to SDL Studio 2015, and I have just done a clean install with Windows 10, so I don't have SDL 2014 in my system any more.
Now the client has sent a job that should be done in Passolo Translator 2011, but it seems that Passolo Translator 2011 does not work with SDL Studio 2015 and SDL Multiterm 2015.
There's no MT add-in for 2015, and when I enter the path to 2015 in the SDL Trados Studio add-in settings file, it does not work (no matches retrieved, storing of segments to the add-in is disabled).
I have a TM and term base I want to use, so I need this function.

Is there a way to work around this?
Are 2015 add-ins for Passolo Translator 2011 available? Or do I have to reinstall 2014 (without activating it)? Will that helo?

Thanks for any advice!

Regards,

Marek

Parents
  • Thanks to very helpful SDL support, the issue has been cleared and solved.

Here's the summary of facts:

1) SDL Passolo Translator 2011 works with SDL Multiterm 2011 and older (up to SP7 or SP8), and also with SDL Multiterm 2014 (from SP8 or SP9). The respective Multiterm application must be installed, but it does not require an activation. SDL Multiterm 2015 can't be used.

2) SDL Passolo Translator 2011 works with SDL Trados Studio 2011, 2014, as well as 2015. The path to the respective version must be inserted in the settings.xml file in the Passolo folder (in System\DnTradosStudio\).

3) In Passolo, it is not necessary to specify the country in the language pair – e.g. English (United States) – while in Studio, specifying the country is a must. Up to SDL Passolo Translator SP7, the add-in connection to SDL Studio worked even if the country was not specified in the Passolo project (e.g. only "Czech" instead of "Czech (Czech Republic)"). In SP8 and later, this has been changed, and the connection works only if the language pairs in Passolo and the Studio TM are identical - i.e. including the country.

The last item was my problem – the project manager specified the language pair as "English (US) – Czech", while the language pair of the TM was "English (US) – Czech (Czech Republic)“.
    I used SDL Passolo Translator 2011 SP7 on one computer (so the connection worked), and the latest SDL Passolo Translator 2011 SP9 on another computer (so the connection did not work).
    The solution is to either install SP7 instead of SP9, or to ask the project manager to modify the Passolo project and specify the language pair including the countries.
  • Thanks for the update Marek - just on your last point I believe we have addressed the issue with TM languages not fully matching Passolo project languages in Passolo 2015, among other fixes. You find the list of enhancements and fixes in this KB article: http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=5316&source=Article&c=12&cid=23.
    Thanks, Daniel
Reply Children
No Data