How to exclude metadata tags from getting extracted

Hello,

We received .resx files from a client and they contain <metadata> tags. Content of <metadata> tags does not seem to have any translatable content, but it is getting extracted for translation in Passolo with Add-in Microsoft .NET parser. Are there any options that I should be adjusting to exclude <metadata> content from getting extracted for translation? There are 22K+ entries of <metadata> tags and around 11K entries of <data> tags. There doesn't seem to be any easy way of isolating <data> tags for translation, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Naoko

Parents
  • Can I see a sample file? The <metadata> tags usually contain data about the UI. The metadata tags are imported and used to correctly visualize the user interface within Passolo.

<metadata name="menuStrip1.TrayLocation" type="System.Drawing.Point, System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a">
              <value>17, 17</value>
    </metadata>

This data should not appear in the string list.

• Can I see a sample file? The <metadata> tags usually contain data about the UI. The metadata tags are imported and used to correctly visualize the user interface within Passolo.

<metadata name="menuStrip1.TrayLocation" type="System.Drawing.Point, System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a">
              <value>17, 17</value>
    </metadata>

This data should not appear in the string list.

Children
  • Hi  ,

Yes, I agree the content wiihin <metadata> seems not translatable, but it is getting extracted in Passolo. I hope you don't mind me sending files in a separate email as data is proprietary. Here is a quick preview of <metadata> tags in the files I am sending you. Thanks in advance for your help.

<metadata name="$this.Name" xml:space="preserve">
    <value>camelCaseFunctionName</value>
    </metadata>

Thanks,

Naoko