DNS writing only the first letter of the first word in Studio 2015!

Hello,

I used DNS with Studio 2014 for a year without a problem. With multiterm 2014, DNS would only type the first letter in the box, so I couldn't use it.

I installed Studio 2015 two days ago and since, I haven't been able to figure out why, but DNS behaves the same as it does with Multiterm: it only writes the first letter of the first word. I still get the auto-suggest pop up, and I am not sure it is directly related as it pops up at every word and that's how it is supposed to function right?

In both Multiterm 2014/Studio 2015 I get letters popping up at the left top corner as if I had clicked the -alt key, and I have to click back in the box/segment box to get the cursor back in place before I start typing.

Thank you for any help, it's much needed!

Gladis

14 Replies Latest Replies: 3 Jul 2015 6:28 PM by Gladis Audi < 1   2   3  >
  • Forgot to add "when I dictate" - "In both Multiterm 2014/Studio 2015 I get letters popping up at the left top corner as if I had clicked the -alt key, and I have to click back in the box/segment box to get the cursor back in place before I start typing."
  • I've just upgraded to Studio 2015/Multiterm 2015 and I'm experiencing the same problem. I noticed that Studio 2015 is faster in recognizing the terms. That's really annoying. I am using Dragon Premium 12.0.
  • I'm sorry to hear that I'm not alone in this. But more sorry I am because I have no solution to share. Unfortunately, I had the deactivate auto-suggest, though I first tried to had fewer suggest options (unchecked autotext and MT), then I had to deactivate it completely. I'm using DNS version 11. DNS works smoothly with Studio 2009, 2011 and 2014. I placed a support ticket with SDL and was re-directed to this site. I just hope that this discussion gets the attention of developers so they look into it soon.
  • In reply to Francisco Resendiz:

    Let me add my name to this list. Just like Francisco, my only workaround when I really want to use DNS is to disable Autosuggest completely. I use DNS 13 Premium. In my case, DNS was working fine with Studio 2015 and one day it just stopped and I started seeing the behavior described here.
  • I'd reverted to typing for a while because of the inevitable slowdown of the computer that ensues after using DNS with Trados, so I hadn't used DNS with Studio 2015 until today, but having given it a try, I find that I'm experiencing the same problem. I hope that SDL and Nuance will be able to sort this out before long, as I find Autosuggest invaluable and don't particularly want to have to switch it off.
< 1   2   3  >
Related