• Not Answered

KnowBrainer script for merging and/or splitting segments in Studio

Hi Nora,

Do you also happen to have a KnowBrainer script for merging and/or splitting segments in Studio? I had a look at your blog, but couldn't seem to find it, although I remember you had one somewhere.

Michael

12 Replies Latest Replies: 20 Oct 2016 2:36 PM by Nora Díaz < 1   2   3  >

12 Replies

• Hi Michael,

Here's one for splitting segments. Please note that my Studio shortcut for splitting is Alt+T. I can't remember if it was the default (probably not), so you'd have to make sure you use your own shortcut or change the Studio shortcut to this.

It's quite simple, here it is:

Sub Main
    SendKeys "%T"
    End Sub

The above assumes that the cursor is already at the point where you want to split the segment. I find it faster to place the cursor with the mouse and then split by voice.

However, if you want to do it all by voice, you could start with the command below, which places the cursor before any dictated word, and then add the split segment shortcut at the end.

Command name: Cursor before <dictation>

Sub Main
    SendKeys "^{PgUp}"
    SendKeys "^f"
    SendKeys ListVar1
    Wait .1
    SendKeys "~"
    Wait .1
    SendKeys "{Esc}"
    Wait .1
    SendKeys "{Left}"
    End Sub

If you want to go further and move the cursor from target to source by voice, simply add Sendkeys "{F6}" as the first line of the command.

I don't have one for merging segments, as I don't merge that often. : )

Hope that helps!
  • In reply to Nora Díaz:

Perfect, thanks! Splitting is indeed rather simple.

Funnily enough, I hardly split segments, but merge a lot. I suppose this is due to our different language pairs/directions. Dutch people tend to write using a lot of small "sentences", so the text can easily end up feeling very choppy to an English speaker. When translating Dutch into English, you often need to glue them together to form actual sentences.

Michael
  • In reply to Michael Beijer:

In reply to Michael:

Indeed, that's why translating EU-related texts from English into Dutch to me sometimes feels like driving an overloaded truck. :)
  • In reply to Michael Beijer:

I guess to speed things up you could add a simple Merge script with the shortcut after selecting the segments manually. I'm sure you could also create a script to select the segments to be merged by voice, probably after an initial click on the first segment. If you keep your window layout constant, you could try with KnowBrainer's New Mouse Command option.
  • In reply to Nora Díaz:

Are there any built in shortcuts in Studio to select two segments (for merging)? That way I could use KnowBrainer to do the rest.

< 1   2   3  >
Related