Dragon NaturallySpeaking: switching between Studio 2017 and Notepad

Due to Studio's lack of support for Dragon NaturallySpeaking I am composing most of my text in Notepad. Does anyone have any tips for macros to select all the text in Notepad then switch reliably to Studio's editing pane? (Too often I find that I end up in the concordance pane or some other subsection of the main window.)

I watched Nora's webinar a couple of weeks ago and found it useful, but have not yet bought the KnowBrainer utility, nor have I had time to implement any of her suggestions myself.

I have a very large project under way today, and already my left hand is starting to feel the impact of repeated alt+tabs from Notepad to Studio, so I am looking for some kind of short-term fix. I can look into something more sophisticated at a later date.

I am using Studio 2017 and Dragon Professional Individual.

Thanks in advance,
Dan

Parents
  • Hi Dan,

Sorry for not replying sooner!

I am not sure whether this is the default, but I have "Activate Display Filters" set to the keyboard shortcut Ctr-Alt-F6.
    When I use this shortcut, the cursor returns to the current target segment if it is anywhere else in the Editor pane. Try it out.

I also defined some handy keyboard shortcuts for use in DPI commands:

Editor (pane) Ctr-Alt-Shift-E  <--- use to move to the Editor pane
    Files (pane) Ctr-Alt-Shift-F
    Projects (pane) Ctr-Alt-Shift-P
    Reports (pane) Ctr-Alt-Shift-R
    Welcome (pane) Ctr-Alt-Shirt-W

and

Options (dialog) Ctr-Alt-Shift-O

When you are ready to move from Word or Notepad or whatever to Studio, write your DPI command so that it switches to Studio, then uses Ctr-Alt-Shift-E to make sure you are in the Editor pane and then uses Ctr-Alt-F6 to make sure you are in the current target segment.

Best regards,
    Bruce Campbell
    ASAP Language Services

• Hi Dan,

Sorry for not replying sooner!

I am not sure whether this is the default, but I have "Activate Display Filters" set to the keyboard shortcut Ctr-Alt-F6.
    When I use this shortcut, the cursor returns to the current target segment if it is anywhere else in the Editor pane. Try it out.

I also defined some handy keyboard shortcuts for use in DPI commands:

Editor (pane) Ctr-Alt-Shift-E  <--- use to move to the Editor pane
    Files (pane) Ctr-Alt-Shift-F
    Projects (pane) Ctr-Alt-Shift-P
    Reports (pane) Ctr-Alt-Shift-R
    Welcome (pane) Ctr-Alt-Shirt-W

and

Options (dialog) Ctr-Alt-Shift-O

When you are ready to move from Word or Notepad or whatever to Studio, write your DPI command so that it switches to Studio, then uses Ctr-Alt-Shift-E to make sure you are in the Editor pane and then uses Ctr-Alt-F6 to make sure you are in the current target segment.

Best regards,
    Bruce Campbell
    ASAP Language Services

Children