Trados Business Manager
Speech to Text
Managed Translation - Enterprise
Translation Management Connectors
Language Weaver Connectors
Language Weaver Edge
Tridion Docs Developers
RWS User Experience
RWS Community Internal Group
RWS Access Customer Portal
RWS Professional Services
RWS Training & Certification
RWS Enterprise Technology Partners
Trados Academic Partners
Trados Approved Trainers
ETUG (European Trados User Group) Public Information
Machine Translation User Group
Nordic Tridion Docs User Group
Tridion Docs Europe & APAC User Group
Tridion UK Meetup
Tridion User Group Benelux
Tridion User Group New England
Tridion User Group Ohio Valley
Tridion West Coast User Group
WorldServer User Group
Trados GroupShare Ideas
Trados Studio Ideas
Language Weaver Ideas
Language Weaver Edge Ideas
RWS Language Cloud TMS Ideas
RWS Language Cloud Terminology Ideas
RWS Language Cloud Online Editor Ideas
Managed Translation - Enterprise Ideas
Tridion Docs Ideas
Tridion Sites Ideas
LiveContent S1000D Ideas
Events & Webinars
To RWS Documentation
To RWS Support
Detecting language please wait for.......
I am using v. 14 of the Professional Individual license Spanish edition.
I have been using the DNS + Studio with same commands for years, with no issues whatsoever. I know that Trados doesn't play well with DNS but, it works pretty well for me.
Until this afternoon.
Basically, all commands (custom and Global) stopped being recognized in the Studio window only. This is the case for the two profiles I have--one in English, one in Spanish, and the new ones. Everywhere else, commands work normally.
I tried using a restore point but Microsoft deleted all of them except the ones from today.
I didn't install anything new. The only thing I can think of (besides the update) is using Dragon with MemoQ (another translation software). When I use Dragon with MemoQ, every 20 minutes or so, Dragon freezes completely and needs to be restarted.
Things I did:
Any one else has a better idea on things I could try?
After deleting all the Studio 2019 folders and running a few Window utilities I found online, nothing changed. Then DNS froze so I used Task manager to close the application. When I started Dragon again, my DragonBar became visible, it was set to hide before, and commands work again! I have no idea what happened but I glad something did.
Hi Claudia Alvis,
I was going to suggest creating a new profile to see if the existing one was corrupt, but I see you have already tried that.
Another possibility is that uninstalling Dragon did not get…
Thank you Bruce. I removed Dragon but I didn't use the remover tool. I will try later.
Another possibility is that uninstalling Dragon did not get rid of everything.
Here is a link to the Nuance page about removing Dragon 14, including a link to their "Remover Tool":
And, of course, keep a copy of your profiles (my profiles for DPI15 are in C:\ProgramData\Nuance\NaturallySpeaking15\Users) before removing Dragon.