Current Version - 2.1
Project Anonymizer contains two tasks which searches for personal information based on regular expressions and encrypt/decrypt or tag the data using a key provided by the user.
By default the plugin provides a list of regular expressions but also allows user to remove, edit, add new regular expression, import and export a list of expressions which can be used on other project.
Because the batch task overrides original files you should check your regular expressions here before you process the files.
Plugin makes a backup of the initial project before processing the file. If the file is not processed as you expected you can find a backup to the following path:
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\SDL Community\Anonymizer Projects BackUp
Terms and condition window should appear when Studio starts. If you are not able to see the window please hover over Studio icon from task bar.
Please agree with our Terms and Conditions. After you agree you won't see this window again. If you don't agree you won't be able to use out plugin. Plugin name will be available in Batch Task ribbon but you cannot use it. Batch task window will look like this. To close the window click "Cancel"
If by mistake you didn't agree but clicked "Ok" on terms&condition page please close Studio.T&C window will appear again and you will be able to accept.
There are 3 steps:
1. Select from the grid which regular expressions should be applied.Check the box from "Enable" column for each expression you want to use.
2. If you want the matching data to be anonymized check the "Encrypt" box. If the box is not checked the plugin only tags the data.
3. Add an encryption key which will used for encryption.
To edit an expression just double click on the cell you want to edit.
Grid allows multiple selection.All rules can be selected with Ctrl+A.
To select multiple rows hold CTRL key and select each row you want to delete, then pres Delete key.
An confirmation window appear.
Export feature is useful when you want to use same expressions for multiple projects. That expressions will be added into project settings using "Import" feature.
To export patterns select the rows corresponding with the expressions you want and click "Export patterns" button. A window will appear where you can set the name of the file and the path to export.
Exported file will be an excel which has on first column the rule and in the second column the description.
1. To add new expression scroll down at the end of the grid fill the empty row. You can add as many expressions you need.
2. To import expression click "Import patterns" button and select the excel file with expressions. The window allows to select multiple excel files within dialog. If one expression already exists in list it will not be added.
Excel file must have following structure:
See file for excel example.
Click "Batch Task" button on ribbon and under "Protect Data" you should see "Unprotect Data" batch task. Add the key you used to encrypt the project -> Finish.
If Ignore encrypted data checkbox is enabled the batch task only will transform tagged data into text again. All protected data tags will remain unchanged.
All the personal information which in previous task were transformed into a placeholder or encrypted will be replaced with the original text.