Trados Business Manager
Speech to Text
Managed Translation - Enterprise
Translation Management Connectors
Language Weaver Connectors
Language Weaver Edge
Tridion Docs Developers
RWS User Experience
RWS Community Internal Group
RWS Access Customer Portal
RWS Professional Services
RWS Training & Certification
RWS Enterprise Technology Partners
Trados Academic Partners
Trados Approved Trainers
ETUG (European Trados User Group) Public Information
Machine Translation User Group
Nordic Tridion Docs User Group
Tridion Docs Europe & APAC User Group
Tridion UK Meetup
Tridion User Group Benelux
Tridion User Group New England
Tridion User Group Ohio Valley
Tridion West Coast User Group
WorldServer User Group
Trados GroupShare Ideas
Trados Studio Ideas
Language Weaver Ideas
Language Weaver Edge Ideas
RWS Language Cloud TMS Ideas
RWS Language Cloud Terminology Ideas
RWS Language Cloud Online Editor Ideas
Managed Translation - Enterprise Ideas
Tridion Docs Ideas
Tridion Sites Ideas
LiveContent S1000D Ideas
Events & Webinars
To RWS Documentation
To RWS Support
Detecting language please wait for.......
The plugin allows users to extract term candidates from the Project, or specific files within a project. The plugin works by adding a file containing the terms to Studio for translation, and then converts the file to a termbase and adds it to the project.The plugin also provides for some simple refining of the extraction using a very simple and visual interface that makes the process of term extraction incredibly simple, and enjoyable to work with.If you want to use these terms in your own termbase then this can be easily achieved by using the Glossary Converter, or alternatively you can provide the termbase as a MultiTerm termbase or in another format as a nice value add solution for your customer.The application is compatible with Studio 2017 and Studio 2019.
NOTE: article needs to updated with reference to this post - https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/openexchange_applications/29965/projecttermextract---instructions
How to use:
* Important: The application flow can also be found within the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtK0iv5RsCk&feature=emb_logo and it's also described within the article: https://multifarious.filkin.com/2017/09/19/and-the-winner-is/
1. Open a project / Create new one.
2. Select the file(s) on which the project term should run.
3. Right click on the selected file(s) and select the "Extract Project Terms" option.
4. Press on the "Extract Terms From Selected Files" (you can see that below, the terms are displayed within the Project Terms Cloud view.
5. After the terms were extracted, press on the "Include terms file to the project" (this allow you to generate the termbase based on the file)
How to generate Termbase
After the process of including terms is finished, press F5 in Studio to refresh the project, and right click on the new added file -> Select "Generate termbase" option.
*You can check the new termbase from Project Settings-> Language Pairs-> All Language Pairs -> Termbases section
How to generate a new termbase using the same file
If you want to generate again the termbase for the same file, the following steps needs to be performed: