Autosaving in the Draft Space

I've got a few users asking if it's possible to define their accounts in the Draft Space for autosaving instead of expecting manual saving. They leave changes unsaved, come back to their documents after a few hours absence, and can no longer save their changes at all.

Parents
  • Thanks for your patience in waiting for a response Jeff. Autosaving in Draft Space is not a feature today but this is also not the first time I have heard the request. I would recommend logging this one in the Ideas section (if it's not there already) so that other users can vote on it and it can then be prioritized given the interest level. If this moved forward, we would also need to see how we can appropriately implement the feature given that autosaving incomplete work would save/check in working content that may not be actually appropriate to check in. Saving today also releases the lock so anyone can check it out, so the author may then lose the opportunity to check out again and continue working if another author beats them to it. Not insurmountable challenges necessarily but just to say that this one is perhaps not as simple as it may sound as first glance from a usability and technical perspective. I hope this helps, thanks!    

• I would like to suggest a possible solution, could we save/check in working content and check it back out to the same user on a predefined interval. This way the user will not lose any work and would still need to manually "save" to checkin/release the lock when they are done.

Reply Children
No Data