Auto tagging

I watched Tridion Docs Roadmap video. In the video, the 'Auto Tagging' feature using AI was mentioned. In my understanding, this feature is for improving information search efficiency and not for structuring a document. Am I right?

I think this feature will analyze the topic content and extract important words using AI. And add those words to the topic's metadata. If this is correct, to utilize those metadata in the deliverables, publishing programs, such as DITA-OT plugins, will have to process those metadata.

In my opinion, content structuring automation is more important. This work is time consuming and is difficult for typical document authors.

Thanks,

Naoki

Parents
  • The new Semantic AI capabilities available starting with Tridion Docs 14 SP4 build from a trend for organizations to externalize metadata based on a standard taxonomy. This approach provides deeper capabilities to classify DITA content, at a topic level, for downstream consumption of corporate systems for personalization, search and classification, including Tridion Delivery (DXD). Unfortunately in the taxonomy industry, tags refer to the terms applied as metadata for classification associated with that Tridion Docs object, which is of course different that DITA tags utilized for DITA markup.

What is new is that Tridion Docs will soon have an out of the box connection with PoolParty for taxonomy management. PoolParty actually analyzes the topic content, then based on the configured industry or custom taxonomy, automatically provides suggested classification terms. Downstream for a customer, this provides great benefits of more accurate search results. This is especially true for related terms, i.e. searching for car, auto or vehicle, are automatically seen as related terms by the search engine.

Tridion Docs has provided a metadata binding extension since 2016 typically configured to not resolve the taxonomy terms, but include a link back to the source term within the taxonomy system via a unique identifier. Typically a taxonomy management system is shared with several systems, thus if a term is changed, it is automatically reflected in all references.

Automatic DITA tagging is a great goal for the future! What will be coming in 2022-23, via this new Semantic AI support, is suggested reuse and other capabilities.

Please register for the Tridion Expert Summit North America that will provide sessions with Semantic AI applications and technical details of our new partnership with PoolParty. Note that commercial terms are required for use of PoolParty and this new integration.

• Hi Chip,

Thank you for your clarification. Now, I understand well regarding the new Semantic AI capabilities.

Automatic DITA tagging is a great goal for the future! What will be coming in 2022-23, via this new Semantic AI support, is suggested reuse and other capabilities.

That's exciting! I'll keep open my eyes for coming news from RWS.

Thanks,

Naoki

Reply Children
No Data